Chapter 20: Azalea

Lillian hugged the red coat tighter around her cold body as she slide through the glass police department doors. She froze, suddenly overwhelmed, as she stared at all the policemen some holding new prisoners in handcuffs pushing them through doors and some walking around trying to get to the next place they have to be.

"Excuse me, ma'm, may I help you?" A man with bit of an accent asked.

Lillian spun around and was met by an old gruff man in a dark blue police uniform. "I'm here to visit Axel Knight."

His bushy grey eyebrows shot up, looking surprised, but nonetheless he grumbled a reply. "Please follow me."

He walked ahead of her as she hurriedly scurried behind him. He lead her through door after door before they reached a large dull room. The room had plenty of tables and some already had prisoners conversing with relatives and friends.

"Please step throw the metal detector." The police man signaled with his hands for her to walk through.

She stepped through it, and when it didn't make a sound the policeman signaled for her to sit in an empty table.

"I'll be right back with him," with that the policeman left, leaving her with both her anxiety and fears.

She stared at the open door that the policeman just left into. She patiently waited, tapping her foot against the grey tiles. After awhile of waiting, he finally came back with a cuff-less Axel trailing behind him.

Axel wore an orange jumpsuit with his hair messy and bags under his eyes from the lack of sleep, or crying. Axel's face wore a huge smile the moment his eyes met Lillian's, who held a soft smile on her face.

"Hi, princess," Axel exclaimed.

"Okay. The both of you have twenty minutes before visiting times are over. And no funny business, Axel, or you'll have more labor work to do." The policeman gave a pointed look at Axel, who gave him no mind as he stared at Lillian.

"Okay, okay." Axel plopped down on the chair beside her as the man left. "God, I've missed you." He pulled her into a deep embrace.

"So have I," Lillian whispered in the warmth of his neck, a small smile appeared on her face, the first one since he's been gone, which has been about a week and a half.

He pulled away after a moment just enough to look her in the eyes. "Sorry for taking awhile, strip searches tend to take awhile."

"Oh, it's alright." She smiled sadly at him. "I missed you."

He sighed heavily, looking down before looking back at her. "Me too. But I want you to keep your head up. You've done this before without me I want you to continue without me."

Her eyes glistened. "Stop saying stuff like this. You're acting like we'll never be together again."

He took a moment before answering, "I just don't want you to waste your time worrying about me. You shouldn't even be here, princess. You're supposed to be doing something worth doing. I don't think you should be here in a fucking prison."

"Axel, please don't tell me you want to break this off," her painful thick voice said before swallowing the painful lump.

"I'm not saying that. I don't ever want to lose you. But I don't want you to spend the next four years here in this prison instead of living your life." He took a deep shaky breath in to make sure he wouldn't break down from the heavy conversation.

"I won't. I'm still waiting for that company to tell me if my book will be published or not. I'm still going to live my life. Just 'cause I'm going to come here every once in awhile doesn't mean I'm not living it. I want you to be part of my life, Axel, I can't just stop seeing you."

He smiled softly in adoration before cupping her warm blush cheek with one of his hands. "Good because I feel like you're going to make it big. Don't let anyone bring tears to those eyes, okay princess? I can't be there to protect you myself but I want you to look out for yourself for me."

"I will." She slowly leaned in, pressing a deep intoxicatingly kiss on his lip.

With his large hand on her warm cheek he kept her there, deepening the kiss. Their soft pillowy lips glided against each other. His tongue sneaked in, softly sliding on hers.

His touch felt like one of a flower; soft and pure, full of love and adoration. He showed every inch of his love through the cracks of his touch. Everything he had was there in front of her, all he had was his love and he was careful with it, showing it only to her.

"I absolutely love you," he mumbled against her lips. Not even waiting for her reply he dipped his head in, trying to get closer to her as much as possible.

She softly moaned, so quiet only he heard in the already loud room. Their moment was short lived when the sound of banging on the table in front of them made them frantically jump apart.

"Knock it off. There's no touching allowed here," an officer said, his voice laced with a southern accent.

"Sorry, sir." She wiped her plump red lips softly with the back of her hand, almost as if she was wiping the kiss off.

With a nod the officer walked off, going back to standing beside the door where he was stationed. When her eyes flickered back to Axel he was smiling and staring at her in somewhat of a lustful daze.

"I want you so bad right now," he exclaim, grinning like a madman.

"Well, we can't do anything about that, now can we? I guess you'll just have to take care of that yourself." Axel chuckled,

"I love how you said that with a straight face," he deeply chuckled.

"Shut up. You're definitely not getting any from me when you're finally set free." She playfully smirked.

"That's quite a promise. Well I guess we'll see when the time comes, won't we?" He slyly winked.

"I guess we will."

__________

Lillian placed her green purse on the soft cushions, before plopping down on the couch. Her hands slide towards the computer, gliding on top of the smooth surface before pulling on top of her lap and opening it.

She pushed the top open, grimacing from the harsh light white light before continuing to click away. She opened her emails, already finding about three notifications on there.

Two were from silly subscriptions and the last one filled her with dread. She knew it would be just another rejection letter. Her gut was filled with something and it scared her as she pressed on the email.

Her eyes skimmed the words before a girlish squeal escaped her. Her eyes brimmed with tears as she quickly typed back an email, trying to sound just as professional as they did.

Congratulations. Accepted. Published. Soon. The words kept rolling around in her brain, in complete joy. Her thoughts were screaming in excitement.

She was going to be published.

She pressed send, sending the email to the company. She had a full-blown smile on her face as she placed the computer beside her and hugged a pillow to her chest.

She wanted to scream it out to the world. Tell Everyone who never liked her. Tell it to her father, showing him she did mean something to the world not just a useless being. She wanted to tell her mother, who she heard was an extraordinary person. She wanted to tell Selene, who she knew would be overjoyed. But she mainly wanted to tell Axel. Before her thoughts could rush to the sadness of him not being here with her, she told herself tomorrow, tomorrow she would tell him.

A/N

The book is getting closer to the end. There's still more that'll happen. It'll all be exciting. I've got so many ideas and oh lord I'm excited. I truly hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm also going to start a second book too but I'm still very torn with what it should be about but anyway I hope you're having a good day I'm going to sleep. Bye! (That was abrupt. Haha!)

Don't forget to vote and comment!