Chapter 1 : Heartbreak

I like to think about how things would be different with a Linctavian baby bouncing around. So this will be that story. (And I realize she wasn't at Arkadia right after just go with it😉💟)
And one more thing... If you don't know the characters from the TV show don't judge them, they all have their quirks😏.
We'll pick up right after Lincoln dies so let's begin...

Octavia's POV
I shoot up into a sitting position, the gunshot echoing in my ears. The nightmares entangling my brain every time I close my eyes. My cheeks are drenched with tears. I wipe them already raw from the nonstop process. Anger, fear, loneliness surrounds me like the cold grip of death.
     How am I suppose to survive without him? My rock. My protector. My best-friend. My Lincoln.
     The pain in my mind is still fresh, carving deeper everyday at the realization that he isn't just out hunting or helping in Medical, that he's actually gone and never coming back. I lay frozen in in too much pain to go back to sleep. I only sleep when I'm so exhausted that I pass out most of my time is spent reminiscing all the good times we had together.
     After about half and hour of laying contained in my own thoughts, I get up and shuffle over to the bathroom and get a little cleaned up. When I look in the mirror, an exhausted, broken, puffy faced person stares back at me. I look away and stumble back into the main room to get dressed.
I go over to the dresser and get out some underclothes and open the middle shirt drawer, his on the right and mine on the right. I look through his perfectly folded pile and find a shirt I always loved him in. I then get out some black pants and get dressed. I stand in my bra staring at his shirt. It still smells like him.
The smell makes me thing of our first time meeting, he saved my life. Then we fell innocently and magically in love.

I unfold the garment and slip it over my head

I unfold the garment and slip it over my head. The soft material, a warm hug like he was with me. I tie it up with a small, thin piece of leather and tuck in the excess. I run my fingers through my hair and tie that up too. With nothing else to do in the room and having not gone outside for the past two days I take half steps outside.
     There are a few people meandering around in these early mornings. I avoid eye contact with any of them. But them I see Niko standing about 30 yards in front of me at a small fire pit. He sees me and walks over. I freeze up.
"He wasn't scared. He was willing to die for what he believed. To protect you, Octavia." His voice soft. I shake my head.
I want him here with me, I want him to plant soft kisses on my forehead and take my hands in his. I want Pike dead!
Hot tears stream down my face. I thought that I would've run out of tears by now but, I've been proven wrong. Niko wraps his arms tightly around me. His hug reminding me of Lincoln's. When he lets me go I turn and head straight back to my room, shutting and locking the door behind me, throwing myself on the bed in the fetal position.
Later that morning I hear a knock at the door. "Octavia, you need to eat something." It's Abby, she's been coming by every day to try and convince me to leave my room or go for a ride or, like today, eat. I have no appetite, I don't want to.
"Go away, I'm not interested in eating or talking." I snap. I know she means well but I honestly don't care right now. I want to run away, far away and not see anyone who would be associated with Lincoln ever again.
I hear her sigh from the other side of the door. "Fine. I'll check in with you later."
I pace back and forth in my room. Eventually getting too tired to pace, I sit against one of the cool, grey walls. I remain in my room for the rest of the day, once again during Abby away when she came for dinner.

Let me know if this compels you to keep reading. Also what do you think will happen next?