The book.

Carla and I took the bus back. It was only a fifteen minute journey but I managed to work myself up into a frenzy. I had tried to pass off my nerves as silly jitters but the thought of having to face Conan’s rage had me ringing my hands in fright. I had tried to be nonchalant about it. Who cared what he thought, I could do whatever the hell I wanted, I was my own person.

I really did try but I couldn't shake the feeling I’d pushed my luck a little too far.

Unfortunately for me werewolf mates, especially the males, go into Mr. Overly protective, sling you over my back, throw you in a room and lock way the key in the first couple of months of finding the one. I hadn't seen Conan get overly protective on me yet, he'd shown only a few tell tale signs, the way he stood around me or positioned himself and the way he refused to let me leave the safety of the pack. The last of which I had openly disobeyed. I felt a little guilty, I had left without so much as a note to my whereabouts, with only Rowan as a promise to return. I knew I was going to pay. He was going to have an absolute paddy. I knew I had to face him eventually and I was dreading it.

I rubbed my sweaty hands down my jeans as I stepped off the bus and tried to calm my nerves. I had devised a plan, I was going to take Rowan and hide out in the entertainment area with the kids until I absolutely had to go back. That way I had time to think up an excuse and prepare myself for his onslaught.

My plan went to hell when I looked up and found him at the foot of his humungous drive shirtless, pissed off and flanked with both Theo and Jason. I swallowed down the lump in my throat and moved to stand slightly in front of Carla. I didn't want her getting in trouble because of me.

"Conan"  I said lowly, my voice spoken with a husky whisper of pure shock and fear. A snarl  erupted from his throat and I remembered why I had every right to be fearful of my mate. He walked toward me, both Jason and Theo following grimly behind, I wished I could just slink away into the shadows and disappear from this man I was unwillingly tied to.

He hauled my body against his , his thick arms snaking around my back until I was securely placed against his body. His stubble brushed against my skin as his head dipped low, his lips against my ear, his teeth skimming over my cheek.

"I warned you what would happen if you disobeyed again" His husky voice drowned out all other noises, all I could feel was him and his whispered words, I was barely aware of Jason ushering Carla away or Theo disappearing into the nearby foliage.

I lowered my head unable to look him in the eyes when he was so angry.

" It was just a trip to town" I told him meekly. I shivered as his tongue left a smouldering trail of heat from the nape of my neck to the lobe of my ear leaving my shoulders to sag uselessly. He was marking me, scenting me so that I would smell of him. It was like spraying me with Perfume a la Conan.

"Hmm" His chest rumbled deeply and I was reminded of the thunder before the storm. "You're about to see how much that'll cost you" His voice rumbled.

"Y-you don't own me" I was barely audible, my voice breaking and faltering beneath Conan's steely presence. He began licking again, nipping, biting, pulling, sucking a trail of unabashed anger and lust down the base of my neck until my body quivered in fear and need. "Jenna" My name rolled out of his mouth smoothly and I knew he was commanding me to look at him. His rough hand slid up my back to curve around my jaw and grip my chin tightly. He forced my head up and demanded my attention with a growl. He looked magnificent, his amber eyes fierce and focused, his lips stern, his jaw clenched, his skin dark and alluring. He gripped me tighter against his body, his head ducked and his lips almost against mine. "I own every part of you, your body- he ran his right hand over the curves of my body grabbing roughly at my waist and thigh- your soul- His left hand toyed with my bottom lip, tracing and tugging before he placed a gentle kiss on them- your heart" He said lastly, his golden eyes bore deeply into mine until I could no longer move or breathe and was rendered completely and utterly useless.