Out for a run

Conan was still working three hours later, his head down and eyes focused on the papers in front of him. For the longest time I had stared at him, taking in every handsome pane of his face, every twitch, every purse of the lips but slowly my mind began to stray to more important matters. Rowan. There was a knawing inside of me that yearned to protect her, like the crashing of waves against a cliff face, I needed to see her. I needed to make sure she was okay.

Conan can't be trusted and I'm beginning to beleive I had also made a mistake by putting my trust in Theo who had promised he'd take Rowan no farther than outside the door. Now she was in an entirely different building with people neither of us knew. I definately didn't like the situation and Conan's lax attitude was beginning to grind against my nerves. He couldn't understand my angst, he doesn't still and yet he sits at his chair, in his fancy office denying me the one thing I ask as if it were his decision to make.

"Will you stop bouncing your leg" He growled tiresomly, barely making the effort to glance at me.

"No" I answered stubbornly, glaring at him as I bounced my knee up and down rhytmicly. I wanted to stop when I saw his gritted jaw but I had too much pride to do that. I'd never survive this man if I became the weak little girl he wanted.

"God damn it Jenna!" His hand slammed down on his wooden desk. The legs of his mahogany desk shaking under the pressure of his fist. My body froze, including my leg, as he glared my way. His anger was uncalled for.

"I've been waiting for hours to see my sister" I stated grumpily. My eyes not quite being able to meet his ferocious gaze.

"And you will sit there and wait until I am done" His voice was low, commanding. I felt the chains wrap around me, slinking around my throat, my wrists, my legs, my body. The feeling left me breathless and gasping for air. I sat frozen on his couch, unable to move until he released me. The Alpha had that much power. It was rare they'd enforce their commands on pack members as harshly as he'd done me but they could. He could make me do anything he wanted.

He dropped the pen from his hand, letting it roll off the table as he ran his hands through his hair, he looked fed up. Maybe even more fed up than me. He scooped up the papers from his desk, bunching them together as he thumped them on the table, staightening them out. I sighed in releif when he put them in the draw. Finally.

He looked at me, his eyes glowing as he pulled out a laptop from another draw and set it on his desk. He was punishing me, making me wait longer because of my obvious disobediance. I growled softly, my temper sizzling beneath my skin, burning at the chains Conan had cast upon me. He rose his eyebrows, not at all impressed with my small display of anger. He switched the thing on, clicking away at the keyboard at an inhuman pace, it was the most infuriating sound in the world.

_________________________________

Four hours later and I was slumped against the armrest, my body lazing over it wearily as I closed my eyes and counted to a hundred...again.

I stoped counting only when I heard the faint click of a laptop being shut. Praise the lord! I screamed in my head, wishing only to get a sledgehammer and make sure the damn thing would never be of use again. In fact over the last couple of hours I had been over many scenario's that involved something disgustingly violent and completely brilliant. The fantasies even worried me slightly. It was a sign that I hadn't changed for far too long.

My wolf was my anger, my love, my despair, she was me, she was everything. My Wolf was my inner most emotions and when they began to get too much or too powerful I would change. Changing regually helps to maintain the balance my body needs to deal with these emotions but I had'nt had the time recently and my emotions were seriously unstable.