The Pack- part 2

"Sorry, names Jason" He quickly rubbed his hand down his jeans before holding it out to me.

"Jenna" I replied; shaking his hot and sweaty hand. "It's nice to meet you"

"Yeh" He grinned. " It's great to finally meet you, Conan's been drivin me cra-" I didn't have to look behind me to know Conan was telling Jason to shut up. I smiled, resisting the urge to glance up and see exactly what he was mouthing; it was enough to get Jason to shut his mouth.

It was at that moment Rowan decided to pop up, her cheeks flustered and red as she held onto my arm.

"Jenna" She squealed jumping up and down.

"Rowan! What on earth happened to your dress?!" She was caked in mud and leaves; her pretty pink bow was gone, replaced by a mound of moss and her hair! Her hair was a knotted, tangled mess of twigs and leaves.

She didn't even look slightly abashed as she leapt into a story about an obnoxious boy named Gerard who had chased her around the barn and jumped on her for fun.

I shook my head and sighed, I couldn't let her walk around like this, people would start to think I couldn't take care of my own sister.

"We better get you back" I took her hand in mine and turned to Conan who was busily talking to Jason.

I tapped his shoulder lightly pulling Rowan in to my arms. "I need to head back and get Rowan into a shower"

Conan looked over at Rowan, his eyes widening a little in shock. He nodded his head. "I'll get matt to take you back, stay here" He ordered as he walked off through the crowds.

"How ya doin then sweet'art ? He been treatin ya good?" Jason asked. I looked back at the direction Conan left and sighed.

"He's been okay"

Jason’s brow furrowed. "Just okay?"

I shifted uncomfortably. " He takes time to get used to"

"Ahhh he's been treatin rough then" Jason said.

I nodded hesitantly. " He's so..." I shook my head unable to finish.

"Abrupt, demanding, temperamental?" he raised his eyebrows in question.

"Just a little" I agreed.

"He's Alpha love, it'll be once in a blue moon before that man will ever willingly give you control" he laughed. "Hell, I've know the man my whole life and I’ve yet to see him take a single order from anyone but his old man"

I smiled wearily.

"Bet he hasn't harmed one little hair on your pretty little head though, has he?" He tilted his head at me and I was forced to think of the times me and Conan had bashed heads.  He'd manhandled me, forced me under his command and subjected me to humiliation but not once had he physically hurt me.

"I guess not" I answered.

_____________________________________________________________________

 Matt guided both me and Rowan back to Conan’s building. It was a desolate looking place without Conan around and it gave me the creeps. It helped that Matt promised to stay downstairs whilst I bathed Rowan. He wasn't allowed in Conan’s quarters without permission but it was nice to know I wasn't completely on my own.

"He was horrible Jenna! He chased me!" Rowan cried outraged as I massaged the shampoo in her hair.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah! He was rude too and he said no one told him what to do" She looked up at me, satisfied with my look of disbelief.

"Really?!"