Riker Imagine (Christmases When You Were Mine)

(I got this request at Christmas time and it’s based off of Christmases When You Were Mine by Taylor Swift. Just letting you know ahead of time before we get a bunch of messages like “wrong season” or “i think your 3 months late for Christmas” so yeah okay on with the imagine)

"[y/n], come help me put up this mistletoe!" your dad yells to you. Your family throws a huge Christmas party every year and after weeks of getting ready, the day is here. You groan and don’t move. You usually love Christmas, the company, the food, the joy; but this year it’s different. Everything has been different since he left.

Your mom walks through your door with a flour covered apron. Obviously she has been cooking for the past 5 hours. Despite the disturbance of the silence, you stay still, under the covers of your bed with your face buried in the pillows. 

"Honey," your mom says gently, "I know you’re upset but you can’t stay in bed all day, people will be worried sick about you." She walks toward your bed and sits on the edge of it and adds, "I have been worried sick about you."

You turn to her and manage to sit up. “I know,” you say quietly, “I am just.. in a funk I guess.” Your voice cracks as you finish your sentence. You have been fine for the past month or so, but now that it’s Christmas, memories come rushing back and you suddenly feel all lonely again.

"Take some time to pull yourself together, and come out when you are ready," your mom says giving you a kiss on the head, "I love you, dear." You give a slight smile and scoot to the edge of your bed.

This time last year he was here. Wrapping his arms around you, helping you put up Christmas lights, purposely leading you over to any place with a mistletoe.

You run your fingers through your hair, exhausted from feeling like this, and wonder if he misses you too. You wonder if he thinks back on all the good times you guys had; The spontaneous dates, the lazy days spent cuddling, the way you spent every Christmas putting up lights together, or has he forgotten all of that.

Right about now he is probably putting presents under the tree. Having his sister wrap them because he cannot wrap a present to save his life. Probably getting his mom another sweater, because that is his go to present every year. You slightly chuckle at the thought, but your smile fades as you remember he isn’t here. 

Time quickly passed as you finally decided to get up. You put on your best dress and your biggest smile, and walk out your door, trying to get him off your mind. However, you can’t. No matter who you see or talk to, you can only realize that it is not him. 

Not really in the mood for talking, you grab a drink and sit on the couch for a bit, trying to enjoy the music. After a few songs you decide to go back to your room, better to not be seen at all than to be seen and ruin everyone’s mood.

As you are standing up you hear the door open and in that moment everything stopped. His blond hair falling perfectly into his eyes, those big brown eyes looking frantically around the room, his tall figure overtaking everyone else in the room. He is wearing your favorite shirt, his blue plaid button up with a dark blue skinny tie, enough to make any girl melt.

You notice yourself moving towards him, your heart beating faster with every step. His eyes meet yours and he walks towards you. You stand face to face in silence, nothing else in the world matters at this moment. Just as you were about to say something, he softly says three words.

"I never forgot."

((Alright, this story is a bit different but I wanted to give it a kind of happy ending so yeah. Let me know how I did and if you might want more imagines based on songs.))