Riker Imagine

"Riker, you know Karaoke is not my thing!" you whine to your best friend of 4 years. He rolls his eyes and grabs your hand.

"Come on, Y/N! It will be fun, I promise," he insists, walking you quickly towards the restaurant. Tonight was karaoke night and Riker has been begging you to go forever, this time there was no way out of it.

"Fine but I’m not singing," you sigh, finally giving in. Riker, trying to compromise, stops in front of the restaurant.

"Okay, we will just eat," he says and you sigh in relief, although you are suspicious about why he gave up so easily. Then Riker continues in pity, "watching all those other people have fun singing bad covers of popular songs."

After being silent for a moment you respond, “Okay!” and walk into the restaurant. As soon as you walk in the hostess seats you at your reserved tables. Soon after, the waitress comes out.

"Hello, my name is Robin and I will be your waitress this evening," she says with a smile, "can I start you off with a drink?"

"I will have a Dr. Pepper and she will have a Sprite," Riker says, you smiling at the fact that he knows you so well.

"Okay," the waitress nods after writing down the order, "they will be right out." You say a quiet thank you and she adds one more comment. "And may I just say, you guys are just the cutest couple."

You blush immensely and let out a nervous laugh, “Thanks, but we’re not-” before you could finish she left happily. You look back at Riker and see him smiling.

"Awe, you’re blushing," he says giggling. You look down, why can’t you blush somewhere not noticeable instead of right on your face like that. You mumble a quick shut up and you guys move on.

You and Riker are used to people thinking you are a couple. You guys have done everything together for the past 4 years and are super close, it can be misleading. The only thing is you kind of wish you were a couple. It hasn’t always been like this, but recently you have started to develop different feelings towards him. That is the reason you blush every time someone asks if you two are dating.

Suddenly you hear a voice speaking into a microphone. “Okay now it’s time to kick off our Friday night karaoke!” A few cheers and claps break out in the restaurant as the host continues, “I think we should start off with a bang! I see a certain blonde in the crowd tonight, who would like to see Riker Lynch from R5 sing a little?”

A huge cheer echos throughout the restaurant. Riker shakes his head trying to protest, but the cheers get louder and louder. He lets out a sigh and gets up to walk towards the little stage in the front of the restaurant. He looks back at you and sends you an apologetic look and you mouth the words ‘it’s okay’.

He gets up to the stage and picks a song. The song All About You by McFly starts. You laugh because you knew he would pick a McFly song, but you didn’t expect it to be a romantic one. 

Yesterday you asked me something I thought you knew
So I told you with a smile, it’s all about you
Then you whispered in my ear and you told me too
Said you’d make my life worthwhile, it’s all about you

You start to sway with the song when you find him looking right at you.

And I would answer all your wishes
If you ask me to
But if you deny me one of your kisses
Don’t know what I’d do

He jumps off the stage and the restaurant gazes over to where he was looking, at you.

So hold me close and say three words
Like you used to do
Dancing on the kitchen tiles
It’s all about you, yeah

Your eyes meet his as he gets closer and closer to you. He reaches his hand out and you take it, letting him lead you around the restaurant as he sings.

It’s all about you
(It’s about you)
It’s all about you, baby
(It’s all about)
It’s all about you
(It’s about you)
It’s all about you, baby

He finishes the song looking deep into your eyes, just inches away from your face. You assume the crowd is cheering but you can’t tell due to the euphoria you are feeling.at the present moment.

Before Riker could even put the microphone down, he uses his free hand to gently caress your cheek. He leans down and you get on your tip toes so that your lips meet his. Instantly as your lips touch you feel sparks, your lips move in perfect sync with each other as you wrap your arms around his neck. The kiss was ended too soon due to a need for air. When you pull away your eyes never lose contact.

"Now that that happened," Riker starts, a little out of breath, "would you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"

A giant smile spreads across your face as you nod excitingly and hug him again. He holds your hand as you walk back to the table. 

"Were you planning all of this?" you ask him suspiciously. 

Riker lets out a half laugh and answers, “No, but I’m pretty glad it happened.” You guys sit back down and finish what is now known as your first official date.