Chapter Twenty One: Emotions

Ryoko's POV

The next morning, I woke up feeling a bit sore. But then, I remembered I kind of got jumped last night. I also smelled breakfast coming from the kitchen. I got up and made the bed before heading towards the kitchen. "Rise and shine, Sleeping Beauty." Kenji greeted.

"Morning." I greeted back. "Did you sleep well?" He asked. "Yeah. Hey, thanks for letting me spend the night here. It was really sweet of you." I said. "No problem." Kenji smiled. "What are you cooking?" I asked.

"Pancakes and some eggs. Sit down and I'll give you a plate." Kenji said. "Okay, you're way too nice." I mentioned. "It's a gift." He replied. I took a seat at the table and he set of plate of pancakes and eggs down in front of me, along with a flass of orange juice.

He sat next to me with his own plate. "Do you mind if I turn on the TV?" I asked. "Not at all." Kenji answered. I grabbed the remote that was on the table and turned on the TV. "This is an important message." The TV announced as I saw Light's father on the screen. 

"We're looking for a girl by the name of Ryoko Taizumi. She is 19 years old with black hair and gray eyes. If you've seen her, contact the police immediately. She is moderately dangerous, so be careful." He announced.

"Wow. What do you think she has to do with the police?" Kenji asked. "Don't know." I lied. I have to get to the house before they catch me. After breakfast, I helped Kenji clean up the kitchen and wash the dishes.

When we were finsihed, Kenji wanted to watch a movie with me. I sat with him, watching Spirited Away. "Hey... You know you can stay here as long as you want. I don't mind the company." Kenji mentioned

"Oh, there's no way I could do that. That'd be way too nice of you." I said. "Please, I insist. Besides, I don't mind one bit." Kenji smiled. I smiled back and kissed his cheek. "Have you always been this generous?" I asked.

"Maybe." He said with a chuckle. I guess it wouldn't hurt me to stay here for a while. I could use a break from the hiding.

(Time skip, A couple months later)

It's been a couple months since I moved in with Kenji. But today, I was going to have to leave so I could find Kira. These deaths can't keep occurring. But first, I had to revive Rem. I felt her die a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure of the reason.

"Kenji, can I talk to you for a sec?" I asked. "Sure, Kiku. What's up?" He asked. "This isn't easy for me to say this. Kenji, I appreciate all you've done for me, but I have to get going." I said. "Aww, right now? Why?" He asked.

"Something came up. There's a family emergency that I need to attend to." I lied. "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. But can't you stay a little bit longer?" Kenji whined. "Believe me, I wish I could. But I have something to do. But thank you so much for everything you've done for me. It was really, really sweet of you." I said, then kissed his cheek.

Our faces were just inches from each other, as if waiting for one of us to kiss each other. Kenji made the first move and kissed me. I slowly closed my eyes as I began to kiss back. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his hands wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

We broke the kiss, both of us blushing. "Is this... goodbye?" Kenji asked. "No... I don't think so. I'm sure we'll see each other again... someday." I said. I kissed his forehead before going to the guest bedroom to collect my things after I revived Rem.

When I was packed and Rem was good as new, I was about to head out the door until I stopped. "Thanks again for everything, Kenji." I said. "No problem. I guess I'll... see you around?" He asked. "Sure." I smiled. I kissed him one last time before heading out the door.