Chapter Seventeen: Not Sane Yet

Ryoko's POV

"Welcome to HQ, Ryoko Taizumi." A detective greeted with his hand held out to me. I stared at him blankly. "I suggest you don't shake my hand. I could end up cutting it off." I said, walking past him. "Ms. Taizumi, what can you tell us about Kira?" The detective said.

"To be honest, I can tell you absolutely nothing. Look, I don't personally know Kira. But what I do know is that he's killing for sport, trying to see how many criminals he can take down." I said. "But now that he has killed most of the criminals, what's his next move?" Light asked.

"Save the questions for later. Fist, I wanna know who this L guy is." I said. "Of course. Right this way." The detective led us into a huge room where there was a huge computer screen, which I believe it was a huge TV.

Hey, I've been at the hospital for long time. I hardly know what is what now. "Ryoko Taizumi," A person sitting in a chair turned around, facing me. "It's nice to meet your acquaintance. You can call me Ryuzaki." He said.

"You're L?" I asked. He nodded to my question. I didn't anything I stared at him emotionlessly. "Care for some sweets?" L, or Ryuzaki, offered, motioning to the plate of sweets next to him. "Uh... sure?" I said.

"So... What do you want me to do? I know you want me to help you catch Kira, but how do you want me to do it?" I asked as I ate a cookie. "First, tell us about the Death Note." The Detective Soichiro ordered. "What do you wanna know?" I asked as I leaned back in my chair.

"Why did you create the Death Note in the first place?" He asked. I smirked and got up from my chair, standing in front of the plate of sweets. "You know something, Detective? I'm pretty grateful Light let me out of that hospital. But the hospital wasn't all that bad. It gave me time to reflect on things,"

I rested my hand near the plate of sweets as there was a knife conveniently lying there beside it. "Death is natural, I know that now. But if you can control it... you can turn death into a force." I said. I grabbed the knife and ran at the detective, attempting to stab him.

But I didn't get even close to stabbing him as two more detectives restrained me and pinned me to a wall.

After that incident, they handcuffed me and had me sit down. I tugged on the handcuffs, trying to pull them apart, but to no avail. I looked at the men as they talked amongst themselves.

"She's too unstable. Taking her out of the hospital was a mistake."

"We should just take her back."

"She nearly killed a detective."

"This was a mistake."

"Hey! I can hear you, motherfuckers!" I yelled at them before giggling to myself. "Death is death." I mumbled.

Light's POV

"Ryoko's just recovering." I defended. "She just tried to kill Detective Soichiro!" Matsuda yelled. "This is your problem, Light! You do something about it!" My father said. "All right, all right. I'll look after her." I said.

"Sometimes, I wonder if we should have eyes in the back of our heads." Ryuzaki randomly mentioned. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Ryoko's gone." He mentioned.

"What?!"

"Yeah. She left about a couple minutes ago."

I turned around to find Ryoko not sitting where she previously was as the handcuffs were lying there on the chair. "Search the whole building! We can't let her escape!" My father ordered. "How did she get loose?!" Matsuda asked.

"I think I know." I said, picking up the handcuffs. I saw a bobby pin inside the lock, telling me Ryoko used this to get herself free. Okay, so I guess she's not completely sane yet.

Ryoko's POV

I entered a guest bedroom and walked over to the bed. It probably won't take them long to figure out I'm gone. In the meantime, I should take a quick shower. I stripped out of my clothes and went into the bathroom, taking a quick shower.

When I was done, I got dressed in a long, oversized t-shirt. I closed my eyes as I dried my hair with a towel. "You escaped from the hospital?" I slowly opened my eyes as I recognized the voice. "I didn't escape. I was let go. But you of all people should know that. Right, Rem?" I said.

I turned around, facing her. I abandoned the towel and ran over to her, hugging her tightly. "I missed you so much." I said, closing my eyes as teas ran down my cheeks. "I've missed you, too, Ryoko." She said, hugging me back.

"How ya been?" I asked as I sat on the bed, still drying my long hair. "Okay, I guess." Rem answered. "If you're here, then that means someone must have your Death Note, am I right?" I asked. "Yes." She said, giving a nod.

"This User's gotta name?"

"Misa Amane."

"Isn't she some famous model?"

"Yes."

"And let me guess: She's the Second Kira."

"You're quick to know things."

"Hey, I'm the creator of the Death Notes. It's kind of my job to know things."

I got up on the bed and began jumping on it. "If you know Misa's the Second Kira, then you must know who the First Kira is, don't you?" Rem asked. "Maybe. Who knows? There could be a Third Kira. Maybe a Fourth Kira." I answered while jumping on the bed.

I did a backflip and landed on my back, bouncing on it a couple times as my head rested on the pillow. "Well, I have a few suspects on who could be the First Kira." I mentioned. "Who?" Rem asked, now curious. "Well, L could be a suspect and Light is a suspect as well. Hmm... Ryuk," I summoned.

"You rang?" He asked, appearing next to Rem. "Hey, long time no see, Rem. Are you here because you heard Ryoko's gone to the loony bin?" Ryuk joked. "I see your sense of humor hasn't changed." Rem said, rolling her eyes.

"Ryuk, how long have you known Light?" I asked. "Long enough." He answered. "You know where he lives?" I asked. "Yes. Again, why?" He repeated. "Take me to his room." I said. "Here's your first suspect?" Rem asked.

"Mostly because I don't trust him." I said. "Not even after he got you out of that hospital?" Ryuk asked. "Even if he did, that doesn't give me right to trust him. Come on, I'm not naïve. So, are you gonna take me there or what?" I asked.

"Hmm... Okay. But in exchange for some apples." He agreed. "Apples, apples, apples. Is that all you talk about?" Rem asked. "No, not all the time. I'm just really hungry." Rem defended. I chuckled at their conversation.

"Man, I'm so glad to hear you argue like this. Brings back memories." I said, smiling. "Come on, let's go." Ryuk said as he picked me up.

We flew out of the building, heading to Light's home.