Chapter Fourteen: Insanity

The next few days were rough. I hated everything around me now. The funeral for Aunt Chie was depressing and upsetting. I didn't have a shoulder to cry on... I was all alone. I got on the stage and said my words.

"Aunt Chie... was a great aunt. She always tried her best to be a good parent. I never told her how grateful I was to have someone like her in my life. I wish I could told her that in person. And I..." I sniffled as tears ran down my cheeks.

"I just wish I could've saved her. I just... I just want her back." I said before I began to sob. When the funeral was over, I went home, sitting on the couch. I picked up a picture frame of me and my mother. Both of us were smiling and living together happily.

I let out a frustrated cry and threw the picture to the wall. The frame broke as the glass cracked. I began to rampage the whole living room, trashing the whole place. I grabbed a knife from the kitchen and began to stab the walls.

When I was done, I broke down crying and sobbing as I fell to my knees. "It's not fair!!" I yelled. I sniffled and screamed at the top of my lungs while tearing at my hair. I should just end it... just kill myself and it'll all be over.

If I can't have a family in life, then at least I'll have them in death. I took the knife and closed my eyes as I aimed the tip at my throat. I gasped when a hand placed itself over my mine, causing me to open my eyes.

In front of me was Rem as she was on her knees, staring at me. "Rem..." I whispered. I hugged her tightly as I cried into her shoulder. "It's all over for me, Rem. I have nothing left." I said as I started sobbing. "I'm so sorry, Ryoko." She apologized.

She wrapped her arms around me as I cried my eyes out.

The next few weeks, I didn't show up for school at all. I was too depressed to go anywhere. My living room was still a mess because I didn't bother cleaning it up. "Ryoko, this is police! Are you in there?! Open up!" They called as they knocked on the door.

I didn't answer as I leaned against the wall while cutting into my wrist with the kitchen knife. "Ryoko, please open the door!" The police said. "It's open, you douchebags!" I yelled before giggling to myself. The door opened and police officers were in my house.

"Bastards... What do you want?" I demanded. "Oh... My... God..." They said. "Ryoko, you've been out of school for a whole two months. Some teachers are worried about you-"

"Hey..." I interupted the officer. "Do you ever wonder what death is like?" I asked as I slit my wrist with the knife in my hand. "Death?" He repeated. "Yeah. Here," I stood to my feet and looked at them with a dead gaze.

"Let me show you!" I ran at one of the officers and tried to stab him, but he caught my wrist. "Don't be such a baby! Death isn't that bad! My mom and aunt went there! You can see them and tell them I say hi!" I yelled as I tried to stab him.

He kicked me off of him and two police officers tackled me on the ground. I laughed uncontrollably as they handcuffed me. "Get her out of here!"

I was taken out of the house and into the police car. "What the hell has gotten into her?" The officer asked as he forced me into the car. "Fuck you, asshole!" I yelled before giggling.

The police drove me to the police department and had me sit down at a table with my hands handcuffed to the table. "Ms. Taizumi, I understand that your aunt died a couple months ago. And I've also come to understand that you've been out of school for two months." An officer said.

I didn't say anything as I stared down at the table. "Can I please... have some water?" I asked. The officer gave a nod as he got up and left the room. He returned with a tall glass of water, handing it to me.

I took the glass and drank all of the water. When I was done, I smashed the end of the glass against the side of the table and stabbed the officer in the neck. I laughed as he fell to his knees, holding his throat as he bled out.

Three officers barged in the room and pinned me against the wall. "The fuck! She's crazy!"

"Fuck you!" I yelled before laughing again. They took me away and locked me in a cell. After a few minutes, a female officer appeared by my cell. "Aren't you gonna come in? The room is fine." I said, smirking.

"I'm good here, thank you. Ryoko Taizumi, due to your actions and uncontrollable behavior, I have no choice but to permit you to a Psychiatric Ward." She said. "What?! No way!" I grabbed the bars of the cell as I began to yell at her.

"You son of a bitch! That place won't do shit for me! Get me out of here!" I yelled.

But of course, she wasn't going to listen me while later that day, I was taken to the Psychiatric Ward, where I would possible spend the rest of my life. As I was provided new clothes, I was taken to my room.

This place was different compared to the last Ward I went to. "Hey, there," I glanced at my roommate as she smiled at me. "Nice to see a new face around here. What are you in here for?" She asked. "Homicide." I answered as I went over to my bed.

I set my clothes down on my bed and sat down, sighing. "Got a name?" She asked. "It's Ryoko. You?" I asked. "Suki. Nice to meet you." She answered. "So, tell me, how bad is this place?" I asked her. "It's okay. You just have to behave." Suki replied.

"How long have you been here?"

"About 3 months."

"What are you in here for?"

"Suicide, schizophrenia, and depression."

"Is the treatment any good here?"

"Barely."

I lied down on my bed with a sigh and gazed at the ceiling. "Home sweet home, right?" I said to my roommate. "Something like that." She said as she turned on her side, facing the wall. I closed my eyes, taking a little nap. I know for a fact I was gonna lose my fucking in this place. Then again, I already have.