e i g h t e e n

A/N: 
Thanks for all the votes guys!! But I notice that though the votes are increasing...there's hardly any comments? Are you guys just speechless or...? LOL 

In Our Next Life
Chapter 18

~x~

Allen's POV

~x~

I was actually enjoying this double date with Abby and our friends. I wish I could have had our first date just be us two, but there is "double" in this date. So we just haven't had OUR "date".

Maybe I'm making excuses, I was a bad boyfriend but I did not think of it much with all the information searching we were doing.

I heard Abby give out a big laugh and immediately a smile stretched on my face. I gave her a kiss on the forehead and continued on skating, showing off a bit to my girl. It was fun to mess with her.

I was grinning as I glided my legs left and right when suddenly I was hit with a memory.

It was me, kissing a girl that had blonde hair while another girl was sitting by me and yet another girl on the left side of me.

I was inside the brothel.

Before I knew it, I had fallen from the shock of the realization. When the newspaper said I spotted in one, I thought it was some kind of mistake. I was wrong. I still couldn't believe it, but how could I ignore what I just saw for myself?

"Ha!" I heard Abby yell happily and I felt my heart squeeze. I loved the sound of her laugh but right now it only hurt me to see her so happy. It would turn to devastation when I told her the truth of my disgusting ways of my past.

I saw her feet come into view and she paused for a moment before asking, "Allen? Are you okay?"

I looked up to see her face of worry and quickly looked away. I don't deserve her being worried. How long have I left her worried in the past only to not return and immerse myself to the sinful pleasures of others when I had her?

The guiltiness was eating up at me as I ran a hand through my hair but still refused to make eye contact with her, "Yeah, come on let's keep skating"

She wasn't having that though, she suddenly became a pro in skating after all her falls and stood upright like she was in regular shows, grabbing my face while her own still held worry all over it, "Are you sure?" She quired again, referring to me being okay. And I definitely was not.

I couldn't tell her, not now while we were having a good time. Or had been. I will tell her afterwards. I kept my face void of any emotion and made sure to keep it blank. I gave her what I hoped to be a reassuring smile and replied, "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?'

"Okay.." She responded, sounding unconvinced.

I wasn't hiding my discomfort very well because soon Lyla and Derrick noticed and Abby didn't look like she was enjoying herself anymore - exactly what I was trying to avoid. It was hard to hide what I was feeling, the image of what I saw was playing over and over again in my head.

I closed my eyes took deep calming breaths and told myself to think about it when the date was over. I was ruining the mood of Abby, effectively ruining the mood of our friends as well as the air was becoming tense.

I opened them again and smiled, pushing the torturing thoughts out of my mind, and enjoying myself.

If only for a couple of minutes. After laughing and finally enjoying our time together, I was engrossed in a story Derrick was telling me when we all paused for a bit when Abby choked, but she didn't notice our stares. I kept talking for a bit, watching Abby through the corners of my eyes. She was disturbed by whatever she was seeing . I looked around the restaurant and didn't see anything that would make her bothered.