s i x

A/N: An early update as a Christmas gift ^_^

-------------------------------------------

Another Lifetime

Chapter 6

I bit my lip was was fiddling around in my seat. I had promised Allen to wait for him but we didn't agree on a hangout spot or anything...

Though I could have made more of an effort. I peared around the class. I definately could have made more of an effort as I noticed I was the one of the only people in class.

More and more people started to fill the class, increasing along with my nerves. Why wasn't Allen here yet? Was he looking for me the the hallways?

Was he already hooking up with Megan?? I really hope not...

I sighed in relief when I spotted him come into the classroom. Then I started to grow amused.

He almost ran towards me and looked to panicked and happy to see me I couldn't help but giggle.

"Are you okay there, Allen?" I asked in teasing manner.

"This school is crazy! I swear, Megan has sexually harassed me several times."

I laughed. That definitely sounded like Megan. I wasn't bothered by it since clearly Allen hated it.

"It isn't funny!" Allen protested against my laughing.

"What she do, shove you in the janitor's closet?" I asked.

He paled. I laughed harder. "No way!" I breathed out.

He started to grumble under his breath. "Why didn't you wait for me? You could have saved me..."

"I waited for you long enough Allen!" I all but screamed at him, getting the attention of the class. My cheeks grew red from all the stares. Where did that come from? Why do I feel so angry?

Allen had immediately responded and gave me a look that held a lot of regret and sorrow and responded, "I know honey, I'm sorry but I'm here now."

 What.The. Heck. I gaped at him then he widened his eyes at me. We both looked at each other very confused as to what just happened.

 "Are you okay Miss Steward?"

I snapped my eyes away from Allen, promising myself to keep my guard up as high as I can around him. This was all just bizzare...just way weird and after dealing with the feelings The House gave me all my life the ones Allen was adding was too overwhelming.

"Y-yes." I stuttered.  

"I suggest you take out your notebook Miss Steward. As for Mr.Lawson, just because you are new does not mean you shouldn't have to take notes. Get out a piece of paper, and welcome to Mernalane High."

Allen didn't answer but I assume he nodded his head. I didn't want to look at him. Well of course I did but I was forcing myself not to. Not after whatever happened.

So class passed by with tension high in the air. Neither of us bothered to try to strike a conversation.

Jeez, and to think I had fourth period and my last class with him.

----x----

I had silently walked with Allen,still not talking but we both had an understanding that I was taking him to our next class.

I headed to my seat, thankful that I wouldn't have to at least sit with him for this period.

How wrong I was.