t h i r t e e n

A/N: Thank you for all the votes and comments last chapter! :))

----------------------------

Another Lifetime

Chapter 13

"Well, this has never happened before." I whispered, astounded.

I was in sheer bafflement by our surroundings. Sure, I saw this happen plenty of times in my dreams, but while I was conscious? Never. Especially not with the real Allen and not one I conjured up in my mind from partially going insane from waiting and missing him.

I ran a hand through my skirts. This felt very real to me and not a dream. I turned my head up to Allen and he was blankly staring straight ahead.

"Allen?"

He blinked. "Is this real?"

"Uhhm I'm pretty sure it is." I said but my voice flattered. I had no clue either. If we are talking to each other asking if this was real I assume so. I pinched myself, making my eyes water with pain. Yeah, this was real.

"Ow!" Allen yelped when I pinched him and snapped out of staring-into-oblivion trance."What was that for?!"

"Just checking if this was real..." I muttered.

I hissed and jumped out of the way when he did it back. "Hey!"

"Just checking if this is real."He mocked in an over exaggerated girly voice.

"I had already pinched myself!" I yelled angrily.

"Didn't mean you had to pinch ME!"

"You asked if this was real, I was proving it was!"

"Did you have to pinch so hard?!"

"Stop being such a baby!"

We had a staredown with matching furious expressions. Geez, Allen was overreacting.

Our demeanor changed from angry to puzzled when we heard footsteps from somewhere on this floor. The footsteps paused, and then the squeak of a door opening echoed across the walls. The footsteps were from upstairs and the opening of a door downstairs.

There were two other people in here...who could they possibly be??

The person downstairs let out a heavy sigh, it sounded feminine.

"Is that your mom?" I hoped, because I was getting freaked out and the person upstairs was overflowing me with trepidation.

"I doubt it. I don't think she'd be able to notice this..." He replied.

True. She wouldn't casually come inside and only give out a sigh at what was happening...right? Unless she was tired and thought this was her imagination going haywire????

I felt the blood drain more and more from my face. Who could it be then? What was going on? My dreams or flashbacks were nowhere near as bizarre as this. In those I was Abigale, reliving the past. But now I am Abby who is IN the past.

The sound of water being turned on in a sink sounded from downstairs. I went to the stair railing to get a peak of who it was.

"Psst." Allen called, and when I turned he drew a finger to his lips, then with that same hand he ushered me to follow him.

However I was immobile when I saw the secret door opening and a humanoid figure come out - the hallway was dark so I could not make out it's face.

I let out a frightened scream, having Allen frantically come over to me. The person downstairs or the figure seem unbothered to hear my scream. Allen spotted it as he came closer to me and reached out to pull me in his embrace. I buried myself into his chest, his touch calming me.