s e v e n t e e n

Another Lifetime

Chapter 17

"Ouch!" I yelped when the curling iron almost burned my scalp off. "Lyla!" I yelled in protest.

"Ohgosh, ohgosh, I'm so sorry!" She apologized and squirmed around in nervousness but continued on curling my hair. I then felt something press on my hair that was not the curling iron.

"Did you just kiss my head?" I asked

"Just expressing how sorry I am! Actions speak louder than words!"

I giggled and rolled my eyes even though she couldn't see me," You're forgiven!"

We were getting ready for our date with our boys.We were planning to go ice skating and then head of to the restaurant nearby. Lyla insisted on curling my hair and she herself has straightened her usually wavy blonde hair. She pretty much had invaded my closet when she picked me up before going to her house and choose an outfit for me. I kinda felt overdressed.

"Viola!" She sang in French as she grabbed my hand and guided me to her full-length mirror.

"Wow," I said and smoothed my hair. My hair was curled but didn't look fancy, it had a casual look to it as well as my clothes, it looked not too overdressed but not too casual either. I wore leggings under my shorts, a white shirt with see through long sleeves and a jean jacket vest. It was nothing compared to the date with Aaron when I stressed over what to wear; I'm going to need Lyla for the rest of my dates.

"Oh! One last thing!" Lyla went to her closet and I heard her rummaging around until she took out a coffee colored beanie. "All set! Gosh, you look cute."

I gave her a sly smile and fluttered my eyelashes, "Thanks. Not as cute as you though"

She brought a hand to a chest and flicked her other hand, "Oh, you" She sang and grabbed her bag. "Let's get going!"

We agreed to meet the guys there so we could take our time getting ready. We took Lyla's car and off we went. Once we got to the skating rink the boys were waiting on the stairs of the entrance. Lyla parked and we hopped out of the car, Derrick and Allen standing on the steps with equally big smile on their faces. I waved at Derrick and greeted Allen with a small peck, holding his hand as we headed inside.

The rink inside was beautiful, the different shades of lights shining on the ice rink, the lights were dim and gave a calm feel and it was romantic to me since I was with Allen. The music playing switched between pop, piano songs and techno. We got our skates which were white with either silver or gold; I got silver ones.

We put them on and Allen put my left skate on me, making me feel like Cinderella.

Once we all had them on I said with a grin, "Ready to fall on our asses?"

And that we did. Me mostly, much to Allen's amusement. Damn him, he slide across the ice with ease and I struggled to keep myself up.

I fell down again I grumbled when Allen laughed, "Jerk," I huffed, "I quit." And propped myself up but Allen helped me get up fully. He grabbed both my hands and helped me glide on the ice, while he was sliding backwards.

"Show off "

He gave me a lopsided grin. "Not my fault you suck."

I gaped at him and he chuckled, leaning down to give me a kiss and when it got deep enough I moved my head to bit his lower lip more forcefully than usual when we kissed but not too hard to hurt him. Well, just a little; I was frustrated at myself for hardly being able yi iceskate more than three seconds by myself.