Chapter Sixty Five- Farm Life

Patrick

After the last show last night we went to Elizabeth's parents house. Little does she know that I had put our apartment on the market and bought us a house of our own. All of our stuff was in already in there and all it was missing was us.

The only thing was that Elizabeth had no idea, in fact no one really did beside her adopted parents and Vivian because she helped me figure out what she would want. Not even my family knew, and if they did I would never hear the end of it. Because this house is special for so many reasons, I just hope she loves it.

"Aren't we going home" she asks early this August morning.

"Kind of" I say.

"What's do you mean kind of" she asks.

"Oh look a horsey" I say pointing out the window.

"Yay I love horseys" she cheers turning her attention to the animals. That was too easy.

We get just outside the city and I pull into a large gravel driveway leading up to a giant front yard. Next to it was a nice sized two story dark brick house. It was just built but had the feeling of an nice old time home. It is the only one around for miles giving us the privacy we so desperately wanted. It was brand new and was accompanied by some stables and a barn and a farm and garden. There was a front porch and two rocking chairs ready for us to chill out, we were the only two things missing.

"Okay, this place is beautiful but I don't understand why we're here" she laughs.

"We're home" I say her head shoots to me.

"This is our house" she gasps and I nod.

"Oh my god" she whispers. I get out and go around the car to get her out. I lace my finger through hers and grab Precious' leash before walking up the pathway to the front door. The winding sidewalk was surrounded with flowers and Bushes all the way up to the porch. The porch was hand made with fresh wood and looked so nice for us to just relax on. She looks around before looking at me all flustered.

"Patrick I-" she starts but I stop her.

"You have to see it all first" I interrupt and she smiles. I open the front door and she lets out a loud gasp. Part of the reason I wanted his house so bad was because of the kitchen. The dining room table was surrounded by the island there and it was super freaking cool. Modern yet had a old home style feeling to it with the wooden cabinets and stuff. She would be spending a lot of time in there because when she's stressed or upset or anything but happy she cooks. Not that I'm going to complain because her food always tasted great.

There was a chandelier right inside the doorway then the stairs to the second floor right next to it. I let her hand go and she walks around the first floor. It was a open living room and the kitchen right next to it. She could watch everything from the kitchen if she chose. There was a bedroom on the first floor too but it was empty right now. There was a closet for all my hockey stuff then a bunch of pictures hung around the main living space. It was kind of designed like her childhood home and it made me feel at home too. The piano sat by the large windows just like at the apartment and on it was the picture of us from when I purposed.

"How" she asks.

"When you left on tour I was bored and I missed you so I wasted time by looking at houses. I found this one and knew I had to get it. This place is the best parts of you and who I want to be and I knew that if I didn't grab it I would forever regret it. I can see us living out the rest of our lives here, raising a family here. Everything" I explain.

"This is so amazing. I love it so much. And this picture" she says turning to the one of me purposing that has been my lock screen since that day. "It's all too much. I don't have words" she whispers.

"You've been performing for four months, you don't need to talk anymore, let me do the taking" I insist grabbing her hand once again. I go upstairs and show her all the rooms. The last room was ours and it over looked the farm. From the window you can see the land, the barn for animals and a back porch perfect for entertaining.

"Okay, I have to admit. I'm impressed" she laughs.

"So I did good" I ask.

"You did great" she smiles.

"There's one more thing" I say and her eyes go wide.

"What could you possibly still have up your sleeve" she giggles. I take her out to the barn and go up to the stables. I call the horses over and Sweetie slowly appears.

"You did not" Elizabeth squeals. Sweetie knows exactly who it is and goes straight to her.

"I figured we could use some horses around here" I say.

"Wait... horses" she asks. A little foal comes out and I thought Elizabeth was going to cry. It wasn't even tall enough to look over the closure yet. She opens the gate and goes straight to the baby.

"He is the most precious thing ever" she cheers.

"How the hell did you know it was a boy" I ask.

"You can take the girl out of the farm, but you can't take the farm out of the girl" she smirks. She pets the little horse and I watch over proudly.

"What's his name" she asks.

"You get to name him" I inform her. She thinks for a little before smiling big.

"What about Show Time" she asks and I laugh.

"I love it" I admit.

We head back to the house and Elizabeth stops walking once she's in the living room. She stops in front of the large picture hanging over the fireplace and smiles bright. I wrap my arms around her and kiss her neck.

"You are the sweetest thing ever" she claims.

"Thank you. But I think your sweeter" I say nibbling on her neck. She playfully hits my arm and I break away to laugh.

"Why don't you say we go break in the new bed" she says and my eyes go wide.