Chapter Nine- Mothers Approval

Patrick

I clean up a little around my larger than life apartment and find a way to pass time. Jon went back home to Winnipeg and Elizabeth was at her day job so I was alone for once. There wasn't much in my place to be dirty, no random sticks or pads laying around. And I don't bring strange girls home anymore so it's been pretty calm around here.

After picking up my apartment I check my phone and see a missed call from my mom. I guess it had been a while since I talked to her so I call her back and smile at her voice.

"Hey sweetie" she starts. Man I missed her.

"Hey mom. How are you" I ask falling onto the couch.

"I'm good. I just wonder why my son still hasn't come home" she says.

"Yeah... about that" I trail off. I was supposed to be home a month ago but something kinda came up.

"Is everything okay" she asks.

"Yeah. Amazing really. I actually have something I need to tell you, it's the main reason I haven't come home yet" I say slowly.

"Oh boy, this should be good" she scoffs.

"Have a little faith in me mom" I laugh and she sighs.

"You're right, continue" she encourages.

I wasn't sure where this was going because I've never told my mom about a girl I was with before. I've never been serious enough to tell her about them. She's a little over protective and really wants me to find someone who would be good for me. It's been a rough time around here and I've made some mistakes, but I'm getting better. I just hope she will accept her because both these girls are important to me and I need them both happy.

"I met a girl..." I start and I hear her gasp on the other line.

"Let me finish" I complain.

"I'm sorry. I'm just really happy. Please go on" she says like a teenage girl.

"Anyway. I met a girl, she's this incredible soul, both wild and free. She's so independent and head strong and simply amazing. Just being around her makes me feel on top of the world. She's so freaking smart and her ways of being the best she can possibly be, it's contagious. She sings in a bar right now but there is no way no one leaves this girl on the table. I mean she has this stunning personality and her voice... god her voice is amazing. I've never heard anything like it. She can cover any song and it sounds better than the original. She even wrote a song about me and I still get chills thinking about it.

She has this crazy curly hair that always looks great and these eyes I get lost in every time I see them. She's so brilliant and adventurous and I'm obsessed with the concept of her. Never done anything wrong in her life, even though she works in a bar she doesn't drink. She finished college top of her class but still knows that it's her dreams she rathe the chasing. She didn't even know who I was for the first week or so and when she figured it out she didn't even care that I played hockey. It wasn't about money or fame, it was about dreams and family. For our first date we didn't do the typical first date I've been though hundreds of times before, we went horse back riding and talked for hours. We just let the horses walk and we got to know each other. It was one of the best days I've had in a really long time. Everything with her is so easy, so real.

We've been together for a month now and I wanted to come home sometime but I don't want to leave something so great. It took me so long to ask her out and I just don't want to be like "hey, I really like you and I think you're my soul mate but I'm going to have to leave your for a month or two. Don't miss me too much". I can't do that to her. So I don't know when I'm coming home, I just want to keep learning about her and be around her" I explain. It falls silent but I can feel my mom smiling on the other line.

"Ohhh I cannot wait to tell your sisterssss" she teases.

"Please dear god no" I groan. I will never get Elizabeth back once they meet her.

"Come on they're going to be just as excited I am. She sounds like a great girl and you sound very serious about her. Sweetie as long as you're happy I'm happy. What's her name" she wonders.

"Elizabeth Star" I smile.

"Wow that's pretty. I demand you send pictures and anything else I need to know or see" she says.

"Of course mom" I reply.

We end up talking some more and she said her and my sisters might come out sometime this summer. My dad hates flying and there's no games so he might drive separately or stay home. Who knows. I hang up with her and look for some pictures to send.

There was the one of us on the horses from around a month ago. That was such a great day. I have some of her and Precious sitting on the ground making music. Her hair blowing and the sun framing her perfect figure. I have some of us on the ferries wheel and messing around at the pier. Then I find one of her performing and I feel my heart skip. Wow, just wow. I forgot for a second how breathtaking she was. I send them all to my mom and set my phone down to go work out in my room. As soon as I step away my phone rings again and I let out a sigh. What now? I look at my phone and it's my sister Erica.

"What's up blondie" I tease. Her and I were the ones who got the blonde hair out of us four kids so we like the quirky nicknames.

"Why didn't you tell me you were dating Lizzie Star" she screeches.

"Wait you know who Elizabeth is" I ask.

"Yeah. Last time I was in Chicago I might have gone to that bar with some friends. We met her after the show and she is like the sweetest thing ever I adore her" she claims.

"Wait you went to a bar in Chicago without me" I ask.

"Not the point. When we come to Chicago you have to introduce us. I love her music" she says.

"You act like mom would leave here without meeting her" I laugh.

"That is very true" she laughs. We catch up a little and she lets me go work out. After about a hour I was sweaty and sore but satisfied with how I felt. I take a shower and lay in bed with my towel around me. I think about what the future holds and smile to myself. What a beautiful thought.

Rising Star (Patrick Kane)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara