Chapter Seven- Something New

Elizabeth

I feel like I haven't been on a date in forever. I couldn't tell you who the last guy I went out with was or what we did, but this is different. He was different.

I throw on my favorite pair of jean shorts that made my butt look extra good and a light grey tank top before braiding my curly hair into long pig tails. I find a pair of sunglasses and throw them on top of my head before slipping into a pair of black nikes and sitting in my living room until Patrick gets here. I chill with Precious in my lap and play with his long ears. Besides Vivian my little puppy was my best friend. He was a rescue but such a loving and good dog, I couldn't ask for a better companion.

At exactly noon there's a knock on my door. Precious was most excited as she jumps off my lap and heads to the door before sitting down waiting to see her new friend. I follow her over and make sure everything is in place before opening the door. I see Patrick in the hallway with a big smile and a beautiful bouquet of pink roses.

"Oh wow, hi Patrick" I laugh gesturing for him to come in.

"Hi, I got these for you" he says handing me the flowers.

"These are amazing, thank you so much" I say. I wasn't expecting that honestly. I find a vase to put them in and put them in the living room.

"I'm already if you are" I say snapping him out of his stare.

"I'm ready" he replies with a smirk and I nod. I make sure Precious is fed and she went to the bathroom before heading to the door. He rests his hand on my lower back making my whole body tingle. If only he knew what he was doing to me right now. I lock the door and we jump in his car as he drives a little outside of town.

"So, tell me about yourself" he starts. I look out the window as the buildings fade and the trees come more often. I open the window and smile as the wind hits my face. Small things like this make me so happy.

"I'm just a Chicago girl with a city dream really. Grew up in a foster home. My mom had me when she was 16, didn't even tell my dad I was alive, she couldn't take care of me do she gave me up. I was raised by a nice couple who were friends along with their daughter in Chicago. I turned to music whenever times got rough and I haven't stoped since. I have two degrees in music and business and now I'm just waiting for someone to sign me" I explain.

"Your voice, it's so incredible. It's honestly the sweetest sound I've ever heard. I love it" he says and I smile out the window.

"Thank you. Hopefully one day I can show my voice to the world" I sigh.

"You will. I don't know a lot about you but I know you have a lot to give. You'll make it" he assures me. That's what I keep hearing but it has yet to happen.

We pull up to the stables and I start to get really excited. I haven't ridden a horse in so long, I missed it. We get checked in and the person takes us back.

"Okay, what horse do you like" I ask looking around.

"That one" he smirks pointing to a black mustang. I should have known.

"I should have known you like mustangs" I joke and she smirks my way. Well played Mr. Kane. Well played. The worker helps him up and now I got to choose mine.

"Alright mam, what horse will you like to ride" he asks.

"That one" I say pointing to a beautiful Arabian horse. He smiles at my choice and pulls the horse over.

"She's a bit of a wild soul, but the sweetest horse we have" he explains.

"I can tell. She's beautiful" I say petting her. She gives a good snort and I laugh. She gives me a nod and I knew we were going to be good to go. I climb on by myself and take her by Patrick and his horse.