Chapter Fifty Eight- Missing you

Patrick

It's only been a week since Elizabeth has been gone and it's been such a struggle. Precious sits by the door and cries all the time and honestly I do too. This was a lot harder than I originally thought, and that sucks because I thought it was going to be really really hard. The strength she had to do this and not knowing the next time we would see each other, god shes strong. I'm not afraid to admit that I need her more than she will ever need me. No one is here to cook, no one is here to make me smile. This is the quietest the piano has been since I bought it and I can try to play but it just isn't the same.

We talk every day and she tells me these crazy stories. I listen because I care and I love listening to her talk. She had a great sense of humor and the most adorable laugh ever. But I missed the way she would hold me when she told me about her day or how she would run her fingers through my hair when I told her about mine. It's just not the same and honestly that sucks.

We haven't planned much for the wedding but that's because we weren't sure what to do. We wanted to wait until we were together to plan so it was on hold right now. There was no rush really, just a new promise to keep while we were away. All we know is that some day, hopefully soon, we will be man and wife and that was exciting.

Like most things in our relationship the engagement was public knowledge so I earned a lot of congratulations. A few "she's too good for you"s and "you better not hurt her" but those were mostly from guys on the team. I wasn't stupid enough to see what twitter had to say about it because chances are we both were getting some interesting stuff. I asked both her dads for permission to marry her and they both did yes so that means I'm doing something right.

As for tonight, I was going on date night with Jonny and Lindsey and Patrick and Abby, even though my other half wasn't here. Crow tags along as my plus one as we all go bowling.

"I hate to admit it, but your finances concert was the best one I've been to. And I've been to a lot of concerts" Corey says.

"She can put on a show. That's for sure" I admit.

"How many shows are in the tour" Patrick asks.

"72. At least one in each state. Their last one is in Chicago too" I nod.

"That's cool. Where all have they been so far" Abbey asks.

"Midwest cities. So far it's been Chicago, Milwaukee, Indianapolis, and Columbus. They're big venues too" I say.

"I'm so happy for her. She seems really into it" Lindsey says. They've become really close friends since last year and through all the craziness they find comfort in each other. And I find comfort in that.

"Yeah, she's having the time of her life. I'm very proud of her and what's she's accomplished" I admit.

"Good. Then I won't have to hurt you" Patrick claims and I roll my eyes. We start bowling and naturally I'm okay at it. Honestly most things off ice I'm pretty mediocre at. Golfing, fishing, and most defiantly bowling. But I still enjoy the games and getting my mind off of Elizabeth.

After a long night of games and a few drinks I return home to my empty looking apartment. That "something's missing" feeling takes over and I start to mope around. I do some laundry and take Precious on a walk before calling it a day. I lay in bed and wait by my phone until Elizabeth facetimes me. I answer and see that she's in her bed all tucked in. I wasn't sure how that works on a tour bus but that was a minor detail.

"You look cute" I comment.

"Thanks. I'm nice and comfy" she claims wiggling into my bed.

"Is that my shirt" I ask and she laughs.

"Yeahhhh. If you feel like you're missing something there's a solid chance I stole it before I left" she admits.

"And what did you leave me" I tease.

"My dog" she says pointing to the beagle in my lap. Right.

She tells me all about what the band did in Minneapolis. How they went to mall of America and did a signing. Then the messed around there and almost got kicked out when Kurt and Andrew raced going up the down escalators. Then at the concert someone gave her a Minnesota wild dart board to shoot at which I would personally like. And that leads us to here, where I admire her beauty even hundreds of miles away from each other.

"I got you something" she says perking up a bit.

"What is it" I wonder. She pulls out a American flag speedo and I start cracking up.

"I will never, in my entire existence, wear those" I laugh.

"Oh yeah you will. If you wear them on our honeymoon then I'll wear the matching swim suit" she teases.

"You drive a hard bargain Ms. Star" I joke.

"I'm only here to negotiate Mr. Kane" she jokes back.

We talk for a little while longer before she had to go. It was late and she needed rest. We say our goodbyes and hang up. Precious immediately starts whining from my lap and I pet her head.

"I know girl, I miss her too" I sigh. I put my phone on the charger and stare at my lock screen. It was a picture a fan took of me putting the ring on her finger and the confetti about to fall. How I wish my grandpa could have been there for that. He loved Elizabeth and he meant a lot to her too. But I know he's watching from heaven and will help me get through this time without her.