I knew all along (unedited)

I shouldn't have been surprised when I fell into his arms and found those crimson eyes staring at me with that unknown emotion. I felt the blush rise to my cheeks as I looked away unable to look at him for much longer.

"Thank you...uh... could you please put me down now"

"Oh of course milady"

He let me slide out of his arms and I stood there in awkward silence as I was unsure of what to do.

"Oh milady just so you know your father called and he wants to talk to you so would you mind coming with me back to the manor"

Time Skip *************

As I entered the office I found that no one was there and picked up the phone to father wondering what was so important that he couldn't just wait until tomorrow when I was to arrive home. None the less if father needed me now there must be a clear reason.

"Hello father"

"Oh there you are nekara it's good to hear from you again, now I need to speak with you about two things"

"Yes father what would those be?"

"Well first of all I was curious if you had found anything about that butler"

"No father I haven't found anything strange"

Wait that was a lie, truth be told Sebastian screamed strange and it was highly likely that he was a demon so why couldn't I tell father. I was interrupted by my father's voice.

"Well nekara that is most disappointing; I was sure you would have found something by now"

"I apologise father"

"Well well I guess it won't matter in the long term"

"Father Can I ask what you mean by that"

"Oh yes well it's about your marriage arrangements but we can talk about that when you get home"

"M-m-marriage"

I felt the furry rise through me as my eyes stung with fear and I threw the phone down in hatred. My first instinct was to run and that's what I did. I smashed my way through the office doors and ran to the gardens ignoring anyone in my path as the tears stung like burning coals.

I found myself falling against a tree in a heap and allowed myself to cry out in pain. How could he do this to me? Why would he do this to me?

Victoria's POV (Point of View)

I had been helping finny with a few small jobs around the house when I saw nekara running through the doors in a state of teary distress. My instinct was to run after her and comfort her and that's exactly what I did. Since her mother was killed I had found myself becoming her main source of comfort and relief. Many night's after her mother's death I had found myself sitting with her until she fell asleep so she wouldn't have any nightmares.

I ran towards the garden where she had headed off to and followed her as she slumped against a large tree and let out her tears of pain.

I reached down towards her and pulled her frame towards me smoothing down her hair in an attempt to calm her which usually worked. Her skin was rather sensitive so even the smallest touch of comfort could be enough.

I couldn't tell for how long we sat there but soon she looked up to me with her purple eyes that were scorched red with tears.

"Victoria he wants me to get married"

I could hear my gasp echo. He had talked to me about it due to how my employment could be affected by it but I never thought he would actually do it; I never thought he would sell his own daughter to save his company.

I had known about it for a while but I hadn't wanted to upset the young mistress. I knew that he intended to give her to some wealthy business man whom was rather influential in the business world and would be capable of saving the company but that man known for being rather dangerous around young woman like my mistress. I hadn't met him but the master had said if she hadn't been born with those eyes then she would have been of no use to him.