A rose garden and an invitation (unedited)

My adventure in those books had proved to be interesting and I was starting to see how father had become so obsessed with this strange world. It was amazing and truly captured my mind. It had me thinking that investigating this so called demon butler may prove to be fun and even if it produced no results at least it will relive my boredom and maybe free me from this house of stupidity.

After my reading period nothing overly exciting had happened it was more like a regular but at dinner instead of internally groan at father's constant talk of the supernatural I found myself joining him, well at least in the discussion of demons.

Time Skip******

It had been a week since father first told me of the demon butler and throughout that week I had found myself rapidly researching and finding everything I could about his kind and had slowly found myself leaning into other supernatural that were associated with them like angels and Grim reapers.

Victoria had helped me with this task and it appeared that she knew an awful lot of demons and not one of the things I had been told by her was even in the books so either she was lying which I highly doubt or she knew more about this world then she cared to allow slip.

I think I've been reading far too much so decided to stroll in the garden; yet again the garden itself was beautiful but too royal, far too royal.

I stepped lightly down the light marble path that was lined with beautiful crimson roses that seemed to shine their brightest whenever someone was near. The winding path took me further and further into the shades of pastel flowers that lined the land and created a canopy the made the sunshine like tiny crystals.

I still loved walking this path to most people this path seemed never ending but to me and Victoria it was the path to our miniature heaven. We had created it a few years ago. At first it was known as the mistake as it was found by those means but we soon turned it into what it is today; a miniature heaven covered by deep purple roses and surrounded in mystery.

I was here alone today as it seemed that Victoria had something to attend to, what it is I can't be sure. It was strange without her here as although it was sparkling it felt somewhat dark without her presence after all she was not just my maid but a friend. No one really understood this and I never spoke of it to other noble girls.

I wasn't sure of how long I had just been sitting here on the ground staring at the crystal light but a hand waved in front of me and I was awoken from my thoughts by none other than Victoria. She had a small parasol in her hands and what seemed like a letter that I did not recognise the stamp of.

"Mistress you might burn so I think you should use this; your skin is very delicate"

This was true so I nodded and Victoria set it up I looked over to her she was sitting down now knowing how I hated it when she stood when there was no need. My attention was caught by the letter that still graced her hands and it's mysterious seal.

"Victoria can I ask you about that letter you have"

"Oh yes mistress it was delivered not too long ago, I believe it is from the Phantomhive manor"

"Really well shouldn't it have more concern with father, I believe that is one of his associates"

"Mistress it was addressed to you not the master of the house"

"Oh then I guess I'll give it a look over"

Victoria handed over the letter and I delicately opened it as I never wanted to tear the delicate paper. My eyes graced the handwriting as I read through it.

"Victoria it appears we've been invited to a ball at the phantomhive mannor, how interesting"