The work shall begin (unedited)

"Oh Nekara I wanted to share with you what I found last night"

"Really father do tell" This was typical of my mornings father would talk of his findings then run off to work

"Yes Nekara and this time I've found one, an actual demon and he happens to be in the servitude of Lord Ciel Phantomhive"

I knew that name phantomhive I think he was one of father's associates. I think he's rather young as well and became the head after losing his parents at least that's what I think is truth.

"Father I thought you said that demons were superior to humans so why would a demon serve a human ?" For once this conversation had taken an interesting turn and had me guessing, maybe I'd do a little research after father left.

"See that's where I'm stuck but I'm so sure he is, yet again maybe you could do some digging for me Nekara"

"Maybe I will father"

Those simple words seemed to light up fathers face but I couldn't help myself from this one as although I had no interest in his fantasies I did love a good mystery and an excuse to play homes maybe Victoria could serve as Watson.

Time Skip***********

Father's office was a rather strange place it was very dark and had a strange mix between the supernatural and real life worries. He had never been organised which was evident from how there were accounts sticking out from random books and witchcraft like symbols in his accounts folder. He really should let someone organise it for him but I had often found that there was method to my father's madness so maybe it best that the room would stay like this.

I trailed my white fingers delicately across the books looking for ones of interest or in other words anything that may help me. So father said it was a demon so maybe if I find a book just on them it would give me a better idea.

Being perfectly honest I was out of comfort zone here I couldn't tell what I could use and what I couldn't but Victoria seemed at ease in here and already had a pile of books taking over her hands.

"Misstress do you think these would serve a good start "

"We can only try Victoria"

I took a few of the books from her hands and we headed off to my room to begin our research.

Time skip****************

I was working on my forth book and it turned out that maybe father wasn't just caught up in a fantasy as these books proved to be fascinating, it was mostly the same thing in every book but I still charged on as you never knew what you may come across.

"Ahha here it is demon human relations, it is said that human souls serve as demon food and demons can obtain them in different ways. Most of the time this includes contract with the human but this will only occur with a special soul. The contract is rumoured to work by the human allowing the demon to consume their soul if they succeed in giving the human a wish. Once the wish is completed then the human is expected to give their soul to the demon in question."