Twenty

Theresa managed to get a few hours of sleep without being awoken by another nightmare. When she woke up, it was because of Jackson. He told her there was a problem and she needed to get up and move now. Theresa couldn't help but be in a bit of a panic. Outside the tent, it was dark. Voices came over the intercoms, people were being moved, and weapons were being prepared for a war.

Bellamy stood outside with his gun hanging on his hip. Theresa shrugged out of Jackson's grip and walked forward.

"What's going on?" Theresa asked.

"I told you I'd make it up to you," Bellamy replied. "Thanks, Jackson. Follow me."

---

She was alive. Somehow, she managed to survive the landing. She didn't know how, but she was alive. She was covered in gashes and bruises, along with some burn marks. She passed out soon after the walls started to shake. Everything else that happened was mostly a blur.

She managed to stand on her own two feet, holding her hand over her head for a moment. When she brought it back, she saw the dark crimson of her blood cover her palm. It took a moment to determine where she was, and the realization hit her.

This was really Earth. She rested her hand on top of the dirt, running her fingers through it and letting the damp soil lodge under her fingernails. The grass brushed against her skin and irritated her slightly, causing her skin to itch. She was surrounded by trees; she assumed that she was in a forest. Looking up, she saw the blue sky and the white clouds. The sun was high in the sky and caused her to squint her eyes; it was a stark difference to the black sky decorated with planets and burning rocks they called stars.

She could hear birds chirping. Then, there was a strange sound off in the distance. It was faint. A sound that she vaguely recognized. The crunching of broken branches and the scuffling of boots, and then there was the sound of talking and laughter. Human voices. They were nearby, but it was hard to tell which direction that they were headed in.

Somehow, she just knew. Monty and Jasper were there. They were alive.

---

"You make it up to me by leaving me with Jaha?!" she whispered hoarsely at Bellamy.

"Someone needs to watch him. He's locked up. It's okay," Bellamy replied.

"Bellamy!" she exclaimed.

"Theresa," Abby cut in.

Theresa whipped her head around and saw the doctor walking towards her. "Let me guess -- this was your idea," she said to her.

"We think it would be good for you," Abby replied.

"Who's 'we'?" she asked, folding her arms across her chest.

"It keeps you inside, gives you a better chance of staying safe," Abby continued, ignoring her question.

"I'm doing better. I can walk again."

"Please, just stay here," Bellamy insisted. He flashed her a sympathetic look as he walked back outside.

"Follow me," Abby told her, walking forward.

Theresa reluctantly followed behind her, Abby leading her to where Jaha was being kept. Jaha sat on the floor, his back against the wall. Abby didn't say anything to him before turning to Theresa. "So, what? Am I the babysitter or is he babysitting me? It's hard to tell here," Theresa said.