Day 11. Favorite Character

11: Your favorite character to write about and why

Oh yeah...this thing exists...*ahem*

Inner Demon

This one is hard ‘cause I love writing about a lot of characters, but I guess I would narrow it down to Mundus, Ram, Cerus, and Erian.

Mundus because I enjoyed seeing him develop and I liked messing with his speech. Sometimes I regret having him talk all weird but it’s still fun writing like that. He was just so sassy sometimes and I liked having him kill people. Ha. I understand him more now, so when I go back and rewrite ID, there will be some improvements on him.

Ram is crazy, and I love writing about crazy people. He’s so creepy and weird and crazy how could I not love writing about him? I also love the way he calls Reyna “Sister” instead of her name. I always imagine him having this crazy, creepy smile all the time. He will also have more appearances in my revamped ID. Yes. Crazy. Creepy.

Cerus and Erian are like a couple without being a couple. They’re so opposite, but I love having them together all the time ‘cause you know they love each other like brothers. It’s just so fun! Cerus is so adorable and Erian is always all pouty, so it’s fun seeing them go back and forth. Haha. They will also have more time to shine in ID. I want to add more Demon World scenes.

Act of a Demon

More fun characters here too. This one is a little harder ‘cause they’re all more developed and I get them all better. Let’s see…Gahn—duh—Verden, and I liked writing about Lina and Ayame together, brief as their interaction was. Really just Lina with anyone.

I like writing about Gahn ‘cause Gahn is Gahn. I just can’t explain it any better than that. I’m so glad I decided to add him ‘cause he does appear a bit in ID, but it wasn’t till AoaD that he blossomed into the demon that we all know and love.

Verden is so interesting. I’m still learning about him, but I know enough that he is soooo NOT like his brother, and it’s just fun finding out about it. I know for sure he’s going to have some moments in the third book.

Lina turned out to be more adorable than I thought. Originally, I thought she was going to be a lover–her–or–hate type of character that either annoys you or makes you go “awwww” but I think she’s more fleshed out than that. I hope at least. It’s just so fun having Lina talk with or about anybody that is not Mundus. He seems to have granted her more freedom than usual, so she’s slowly been voicing things she usually keeps to herself, and it’s just been funny and fun discovering what those things are.

Calathus

This story is still in its early stages and there are not a lot of characters introduced yet, but I have to admit that Lycin was fun to write about. I know he’s a creep and he’s been seen only a few times, but I know what’s going on in his head, more or less, and that’s what makes it so fun.

I also like writing about Deneck, especially when he fights. I really like him and his blood powers. Yup.