Day 3. POV and Style

3: Explain your POV and style used

Inner Demon

What is POV? Seriously, ID has NO POV known to man! Okay…maybe it’s not that bad, but it really doesn’t have a consistent POV and it jumps from omni, to third, to head hopping nonsense and back to something else. Some chapters do have a third person limited vibe to it, but it’s not entirely there.

ID was kinda a put–all–the–plot–down–screw–POV story, and now that I have the story and am familiar with it, I plan to go back and revise the entire book into third person limited through the use of multiple characters. I plan to add more chapters from Mundus, Ram, and a little bit of Dante’s POV.

Style? What do you mean by style. Style means many things. Uuuuh. I think ID has a more YA style and vibe to it, and it’s okay. The reason I even started writing this book was ‘cause I hated all the YA supernatural romances I came across. I wanted blood and action, so I guess the style changes a little bit halfway through the book. It’s more like a OYA—older young adult. Yeah, I just made that up.

Does any of that make sense?

Act of a Demon

AoaD has the same POV mess as ID, but I don’t think it’s as hoppy. The last two or three updates have been uploaded in third person limited, and I plan to continue writing them like that since it’s the POV I chose to have in the trilogy.

As far as style…I think it’s a little bit darker and more mature in comparison to ID. The cutesy, teasing, and somewhat lighthearted tone found in ID is not as prominent in AaoD.

Calathus

It’s also written in third person limited. Let’s face it…it’s the most popular to write in and easier and most fun to read in. I think at least. Right now, Sianna is the only character’s head I’ve entered. Who knows if there will be others heads I enter. 

I think it’s the most mature style I’ve ever written. I see it more adult than my trilogy, and I also feel like I have more freedom in it ‘cause I’m not exactly holding back on the gritty details. I won’t say more since this story is still in its early stages.