Chapter 10

Here's the tenth chapter for you guys! Hope you like :)

_______________________________________________________________________________

             The school day passed by in a flash. I haven’t seen Vladik yet.

             My palms began to sweat like crazy as soon as I spotted Vladik climbing out of his car. He glared at me as he walked towards my BMW. Coming up to me he grabbed me around the waist and brought me close. I could feel his breath on my neck. I pushed him away slightly and he pulled back, looking hurt.

           Taking his hand off my waist, I cleared my throat, opening my mouth to say something. Vladik put a finger to my mouth, shutting me up.

           "Sit into your car and drive to Dunkin Donuts." Vladik said holding the car door. I obeyed him not saying a word. He shut the door and walked around the car and sat into the passenger seat. I started up the engine and looked over at Vladik.

          "Vladik, there's something I need to tell you." I said my voice cold. Vladiks attention snapped to me and he just stared me down not saying anything. This was getting weirder and weirder every second.

           "And there's something I need to tell you." Vladik said, looking out the window. Stealing a glance at him, I noticed his hair was messier than usual and his shirt was wrinkled. Under his eyes he had huge bags and in one eye you could see one single tear. There was definitely something wrong.

           I drove into the Dunkin' Donuts parking lot and turned off the ignition. Vladik grabbed my hand and looked into my eyes. My heart rate sped up and I couldn’t keep the tears in, they just kept coming.

           "What’s wrong? Why are you crying?" Vladik asked, wiping my cheek with his thumb. He rested his hand on my cheek. I brought my hand up and took away his hand. Once again Vladik looked hurt.

           "I can’t do this anymore Vladik." I answered him, sighing.

           "Do what?" He looked at me confusion taking over his face expression. I looked down at my hands and just realized I was squeezing my right hand. It was bright red; I only started to feel the pain now.

           "This. Our relationship. I can’t do it." As soon as those words left my mouth, my breathing stopped. I felt so ashamed. I regained my breath and covered my face with my hands. Sobbing into my hands I heard Vladik cursing.

            "Thanks for leaving me. The time I really need you, you just decide to leave." Vladik spoke his voice harsh. I took my hands off my face and looked at him through my tears.

            "I’m so sorry." I whispered. Then I remembered he had something to tell me. "What did you have to tell me?" I added my voice hoarse.

             "You know what. Forget it." Vladik said punching his palm. He grabbed the door and began to get out but stopped, realizing it we were ten miles away from his car. He turned to me and I could tell he was trying not to cry. Confusion took over my brain and I desperately wanted answers. What the fudge was up with Vladik?

              "Fine I’ll tell you, just don’t look at me with stupid pity like most people would." Vladik said staring at me. I nodded, suddenly getting really scared.

              "Nata, I have cancer. I understand you don’t love me, but please all I ask is please stay by my side. I really need friends right now." Vladik whispered. As soon as Vladiks words reached my brain, I felt my breathe getting short. This can’t be real? Vladik can’t have cancer. 

              "Vladik, look, I’m so sorry. I know it must be really hard for you. First you find out you have cancer, then I break up with you." I said shaking my head. He must be going through so much pain. It was unbelievable. 

               "No its fine I understand, at least I know you didn’t break up with me cause of my cancer." He said staring out the window. He looked sad, hurt, and alone. I put my hand on his hand, causing him to turn his attention on me.

               "You know this doesn’t mean ill go back out with you, but I’ll stay by your side no matter what." I managed to tell him. Those words, I will stay true too. I didn’t care anymore that he hurt me; I don’t care what he put me through. He needed me right now, so I’ll be there. The smile Vladik gave me was the best smile I’ve ever seen. I gave him one of my best smiles ever. 

               "I understand, if I don’t make you happy, its fine. Just please don’t tell Rusya or Korina. Not yet."  I nodded in response, and I started my car. We drove back to the school in awkward silence. 

                 We talked for another hour before Vladik left home. I was still sitting in the school parking lot, when Kori and Rusya drove up beside me. My eyes blurry with tears. Crap, what was I going to tell them? I turned away quickly and wiped my eyes. 

                Kori opened the passenger’s door and sat in. If I didn’t know better id think she got attacked by a rainbow. Her shirt was bright pink and blue, with Peace written across it in yellow. Orange skinny jeans and purple converse and to complete the outfit, she was wearing a rainbow tie dye bracelet. 

               "Okay, seriously stop looking at me like that." She said popping her gum.

               "Like what?" I asked still checking out her outfit. 

               "Like I got attacked by a freaking rainbow. Cause guess what? I did! Ohhhh." Kori said making an "I’m Awesome" face.  I chuckled, forgetting all my problems. I thought I was done for today but Korina had to notice. 

                "Why were you crying?" Korina asked, her "I’m Awesome" face sliding off her face. I looked down at my hands and remembered Vladiks words. Don’t tell Rusya and Korina. Not yet. 

               "I broke up with Vladik." I said a tear slid down my tearstained cheeks. Kori leaned over and pulled me into an uncomfortable hug. It’s not that I felt uncomftorable hugging Kori, it was the fact that we were hugging in a car. 

                "It’s the right thing to do though. If he doesn’t make you happy, why stay with him?" Korina said looking past me and into Rusyas car. He sat there alone talking to someone on the phone. He looked unhappy. 

                "Who’s he talking to?" I asked Kori, following her gaze. She shrugged, but by her look I could tell she knew. 

                "Is it Valid?" I asked her looking over at Rusya again. I looked back over at Korina and she slowly nodded. 

                 "Did Vladik tell you anything like life changing lately?" Korina crossed her arms and looked me in the eyes as I said this. She looked like she knew, but I thought Vladik didn’t want her to know. I was so confused, my head was spinning. 

                 "Um nope, why do you ask?" She asked me, she looked like she wasn’t even with me. I snapped my fingers in front of her face and she turned her attention to me shaking her head. 

                  "Just asking, so how was your day?" I asked her, ruffling my hair. I was getting another one of those killer headaches. 

                   "It was great! Me and Rusya were going to Applebee’s then we noticed your car in the parking lot so we decided to see what was up. So you want to come with us to Applebee’s?" Korina answered, looking over at Rusya. He was still on the phone. 

                   "Yeah of course." I said smiling at her. She smiled back and buckled her seatbelt. Giving Rusya a sign that we were leaving I backed out of the parking lot and drove down to Applebee’s.