Chapter 4

“Nata get your butt up!” Marina shook me. Sitting up in my bed I threw the covers off. Ugh, school’s so boring. Especially Mondays. I groaned and went to brush my teeth.

                After brushing my teeth I dressed into a cute mini skirt, white tights and a black t-shirt. And to add to my outfit, I put on the necklace Daniel got me. Daniel was my best friend ever since Vladik broke my heart.  Then he moved away. And that was when I met Kori.

*FlASHBACK*

                I walked out of the lunch line and went to mine and Daniel’s table. Daniel wouldn’t be here today. Or tomorrow. Or for the rest of my school life. I frowned and bit my lip. I guess I’ll have to eat lone now. Sighing I picked up my ham sandwich.

                Finishing my lunch I lay my head on the table and closed my eyes. After what felt like 5 minutes I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning around I wiped my hands on my pants.

                “Hi.” The girl said and grinned into my face. “I’m new.” Hmm she’s new? No wonder I’ve never seen her before.

                “HI?” I said shyly. I wasn’t so good at making new friends.

                “My names Korina and I’m 12.” She giggled. “What’s your name?” She was dressed in pink skinny jeans with a blue t-shirt. One of her sneaks was blue whilst the other one was pink. What is she cotton candy?

                “I’m Natalia, but everyone calls me Nata.” I said smiling at her.

                “Oo pretty name.” She sucked up. “Maybe we could be friends?” Korina asked with a hopeful grin. I smiled and nodded.

*FLASHBACK ENDS*

                Korina doesn’t dress like cotton candy anymore. I giggled at the thought of Korina, a 16 year old, dressing in cotton candy.

I skipped down the stairs and straight out the front door.

I arrived at the school five minutes before the bell. Getting out of my car I searched for Korina.

I spotted Korina standing with Rusya. Where’s Vladik?  Whatever like I cared. Walking up to them someone stood in front of me. I squinted and looked up. Oh, Chloe, the school whore.

“Hello Chloe, um excuse me but you’re standing in my way.” I smiled sweetly at her.

“Why don’t you just walk around me Shorty?” She sneered. How lame, she really couldn’t think of something better. I scowled.

“I’m not short.” I said through gritted teeth.

“Oh right, your mega short.” Chloe giggled and patted my head.

“You’re a whore.” I shrieked. Hypocrite. Oh shut up I couldn’t think of anything better. I argued with myself inside my mind.

“So is your mom.” Chloe spoke crossing her plastic hands. Well they weren’t literally plastic.

“You Bitch!” I screamed and grabbed her long blonde ponytail. Pulling it as hard as I could I slam her head against the lockers. A scream escaped her perfect lips. Serves her right. No one talks about my mom that way. My body began to shake. What the hell am I doing? Chloe got up and jumped on top of me digging her long nails into my shoulders. I screamed in agony. I pushed her hard and she hit the lockers once more. As I was about to attack her for the third time i felt someone’s arms go around my waist. I squirmed, trying to get away. Finally I released myself from the strong arms and ran outside of the school. Sitting down behind the bike rack my phone buzzed. I pulled it out.