Chapter 7

Sorry it took a while to upload..I know i promised it sooner but this was the best time i could. I hope you guys like it!

________________________________________________________________________________

            “I’m surprised to see the oh so famous Vlad dating the oh pity me my best friend broke my Barbie doll Nata.” I closed my eyes. Did Daniel, the only person I remember, really just say that? No it couldn’t be. He couldn’t have changed from that sweet boy to... to this. I sucked in a breath as Vladik's grip around me tightened. Then he let go and slammed his chest into Daniels.

            “You’re just jealous she isn’t yours.” Vladik hissed. Daniel took a step back and smirked.

            “Why would I ever be jealous, I’m too good for her.” IT felt like someone was squeezing my brain. I grabbed the sides of my head and bent down. My heart began to beat so fast. My head began to spin, Vladik said something to Daniel but the words failed to reach my ears. I reached for the bench and plopped down. Shoving my head between my legs I heard Daniel say.

            “Punch me. Go ahead punch me.” I look up and Vladik had Daniel under his grip against the wall. There was a small crowd surrounding them. I shuffled over to Vladik’s side.

            “Vladik, leave him alone!” I said pulling his muscular arm. Vladik just shoved me away without looking back. Tears streaming down my face I went to find Rusya. I barely made it into the ice rink when I heard bone against bone. I spun around with such force I almost fell over. Vladik had punched Daniel in the nose. Daniel stood bent over holding his bloody nose. His white shirt covered in his own blood.

            Vladik stood, breathing hard, and stared at Daniel as he cursed. Daniel looked up at me; I looked down at my toes, ashamed.     

            “Asshole, look what you did to my shirt!” Daniel yelled into Vladik’s face. He turned towards the door not waiting for an answer from Vladik. I began to follow him, I wanted to tell him I was sorry.

            “Daniel, I-“ I began but Daniel pushed me out of his way.

            “I hate you.” He said. I stood there, dumbfounded, watching his back as he exited the building.

            “Nata, let’s go. We’re leaving.” Vladik said, taking my hand and dragging me towards the bench. I didn’t even get any time to skate. I sat down and began to take off my skates as Vladik, Kori, and Rusya did the same.

            We left the skating rink in silence. Angrily I sat into Vladik’s car and slammed the door. Vladik, who was sat into the driver’s seat seconds before, gave me a cold stare. I just bent my head not looking him into the eyes.

            “Where are we going?” I asked, after driving for five minutes.

            “I’m taking you home.” Vladik answered his voice cold. I cringed and turned up the music. Vladik looked over at me and immediately his eyes softened. He reached over and touched my cheek, stroking it. I slapped his hand away, and he turned his attention to the road.

            “Hey, look I’m sorry.” Vladik spoke, his voice soft. I don’t know how he made his voice sound so soft, but it was so cute. I fought the urge to reach over and kiss him.

            “You shouldn’t have punched him.” I replied, looking out the window. It was starting to rain outside. Rain drops landed on the window and slide down. It was as if they were racing to see who could get to the bottom first.

            “He pissed me off, did you hear what he said about you?!” Vladik said, his voice rising. I looked at my hands, Daniels earlier words ringing through my mind. How could I forget?

            “There are easier ways to settle things rather than fighting.” I mumbled still looking at my hands. The car came to a stop and I looked up. We were at my house. I began to open the door but Vladik grabbed my hand and pulled it towards him.

            “Listen Nata I’m sorry okay?” He asked, kissing my hand. I loved when he did that, it sent tingles down my arm.

            “Fine, it’s okay. Next time though don’t do it.” I scolded him pulling my arm away. He looked at me and nodded, a grin splattered on his gorgeous face.

            “So I guess I’ll be going now?” I asked begininng to open the door again. Vladik once again pulled my arm away. He unbuckled my seatbelt and pulled me towards him. Leaning in Vladik grabbed the back of my head and brought me close to him. I shut my eyes and our lips locked. Sparks flew from our kiss and my heart began to beat a hundred miles an hour. We kissed like this all the time, every time felt like the first time. The sensation that kept going through my body felt great and I didn’t want to stop. I pulled back for a second and leaned in again biting his bottom lip gently.

            A small moan escaped his lips and I felt his hand grazing against my stomach. He reached to the bottom and had his hand half way up my shirt. His touch on my stomach made me go crazy, but I pulled back with one final kiss.

            “See you tomorrow?” I asked tilting my head. He nodded and touched my cheek.

            “I love you Nata.” He said looking me deep into my eyes. My stomach did a flop. He always told me he loved me, but not in person.

            “I love you too Vladik.” I answered, I felt a sudden pang. I had a realization that I didn’t mean those words. My stomach twisted and I got out of the car quickly. As soon as I crashed into my house, I fell down tears streaming down my face.