Chapter 9

Sorry for this pointless chapter but i had to put something before the big change :)

_____________________________________________________________________________

                I sat waiting for Vladik to answer as long as I could remember. I was about to give up when I heard a voice from the other end.

                “Hey Nata.” Vladik said, his voice quivered. I took a deep breath and bit my lip as my eyes teard up.

                “Vlad, I remember it all.” I whispered my voice breaking in the middle of my sentence. The memories floated in my head and I burst out in tears.

                “Look Nata I’m sorry please don’t cry.” He begged me. Bile rose into my throat and I swallowed it leaving a bitter taste in my mouth.

                “Why didn’t you tell me earlier?!” I screamed at him, I didn’t care anymore if Marina heard me. Anger boiled inside of me and I smacked my fist on my drawer. The pain shot through my whole arm and I fell to the ground crying. Vladik wasn’t saying anything so I hung up and threw the phone on my bed.

                Rolling around on the floor, the memory came back and I began to cry harder. I heard my bedroom door opening.

                “Nata are you alright?” Marina asked softly and knelt down next to me. I sat up and brought my knees to my chest, setting my chin on my knees. I felt Marinas hand brush the small of my back.

                “You okay?” She tried again. I looked up at her; she was blurry through my tears.

                “Yeah, um I’m fine.” I answered; it was obvious she didn’t believe me. I mean any person could see that I was far from fine. She gave me a strange look.

                “Want to talk about it?” Marina asked and sat down beside me putting her arm around my shoulders.

                “I thought…”I began searching for the right words. I didn’t even know what I thought. So many thoughts were going through my mind at this moment. My head was as confused as an m&m in a skittles bag.

                “What did you think?” Marina asked patting my back. I turned and looked her in the eye a tear rolled down my cheek.

                “I don’t even know what I thought. I’m so confused Marina!” I screeched my voice breaking as I burst into tears again.

                “What are you confused about?” She asked sounding really concerned.

                “About my feelings.” I blurted out still crying. My head hurt and my nose was running. I wiped my nose on my sleeve not caring anymore. My life was messed up. I wish I just could go back in time and fix everything. My mother would never get cancer. Vladik would have never broken the doll. Everything would have been perfect. But unfortunately that’s not possible. As much as I wish it would happen it never will.

                “Listen Nata, if you don’t like Vladik break up with him. And honestly I don’t like that kid.” At Marina’s words my head snapped up and I looked at her. I don’t know if I should feel angry or just happy she’s trying to help me out.

                “No I like Vladik; I’m just not sure I love him.” I snapped at her. Then I instantly felt guilty for snapping at her like that. “Sorry Marina.” I added quickly. She shook her head as if to say its okay and smiled a little. “Maybe you’re right though, I should break up with him.” I said again staring at my wrist.