Chapter 7.

"Give it up Enna, I totally kicked your ass." Paul was looking at me defiantly, the guitar still wrapped about his shoulders.

"The scoreboard tells all, Pauly boy. Stop denying it and fess up; you got your ass whooped by a girl."

"Never!"

"Now!"

"Never!"

"Now!"

"Never!"

"Now!"

"Dude, give it up, you know she won. Swallow your pride and fess up." Greg groaned.

"Greg, shut up, I want to watch this." Mia was on the edge of her seat, chewing on popcorn like mad.

"Yea, maybe she'll slug him again." Jake put in.

"She slugged him! And I missed that!" Nick sounded upset.

"You were in the bathroom. It was so awesome. He called her his sugar cookie, then it was like, BAM! Pass the popcorn, Mia." Liam said.

"Aww man."

"Fine! You won, okay!?! God!" Paul yelled. I smirked triumphantly and wiped my forehead. "I'm tired. Is anyone else tired?"

"The only reason why you're tired is because you and Paul have been arguing for three hours straight." Kyle said.

"That and the fact that it's twelve o' clock." I retorted. "I'll see you guys tomorrow. Night."

I got a chorus of 'nights and went upstairs to Paul's--our room. I picked out a pair of boxers and an over sized shirt, put them on, turned off the light, then climbed into the cushy bed. It was my favorite part of this room.

I fell asleep immediatly.  

********************************************************************************

Again, I woke up to my not-so-human incubator, and again, it was freezing in that damn room. Someone must be turning up the cold on purpose. And when I found out who it was, they were going to pay. This time though, I drew up the covers closer to me instead of snuggling up to my 'dearest' fiance. Once was fine, but twice? I'd never live it down.

I shivered slightly as the cold swept over me.

Note to Self: When a sheet is in the cold, it'll naturally be cold as well.

I moved around a little bit to try and get the body heat going.

"Enna, what the hell are you doing?" Paul's tired voice was muffled ans scratchy. I froze.

"Umm, nothing."

"Don't lie to me."

I was quiet for a moment. "I'm trying to warm up."

"Why didn't you just do what you did yesterday."

We were looking away from each other, so he couldn't see my expression, and I couldn't see his. Good thing though, because I was blushing like mad.  "Because."

"Because why?"

"It's really embarrassing. And you'll tease me. And it's too...close."

"Yea, I'm sorry about that."

"Sorry about what?" I was a little shocked that he was apologizing. And I wasn't egging him on for once; I really wanted to know.

"Picking on you, starting arguments, being irritating. You know. I know this is kind of hard on you."

There had to be something that brought all this on. I grew suspicious. "Paul, what's going on?"

"Why does there have to be something going on for me to apologize!?!" He sounded earnest and at the same time...guilty.

"Paul." I growled.

"Fine, fine. There's a visiting pack coming to our wedding, and they're coming today."

I had a feeling that that wasn't all.

"What else?"

"They're a very good group of people. Slightly uppity, but good people." He was on the defense, beating around the bush. Not good.

"Paul. If you do not tell me, I'll beat it out of you."

"You have to wear a dress to meet them."

I let out a string of profanities and he patted my head. "Sorry love, it's required. And 'love' is not a pet name." He paused. "Would it help if my apology was genuine?"

"Why!?! Why me!?!"

He answered my unspoken question. "The group that coming...they're more in the direction of the kings and queens title instead of alpha and luna. Sort of like your mother."

"Who cares. I don't want to wear a dress."

"You have to. As my mate, you're a representative of this pack. Besides, I've got to wear a tux. And the girls will help you get ready."

I grimaced. He pulled me close. I stiffened, even though the heat was awesome.

"Paul, what are you doing?"

"I'm warming you up. Did you think I didn't notice you shivering?"

He wrapped his arms around me and held me close. It felt amazing.

"Thanks." I muttered.

"No prob."

Before I drifted off to sleep, I realized that this was the second time that Paul and I had a civil conversation without arguing. Sure, the other time was when we were plotting, but still.

************************************************************************* 

i promise that the chapter will be alot more interesting!

thank you to all new fans!