Chapter 16.

Paul's POV:  

Greg followed me with his eyes as I paced in the waiting room, waiting for the doctor to come out and let me know when it was alright to go back in and see her. It was killing me. And there was a look in her eyes, she wanted to tell me something, something important. "Calm down man, I'm sure she'll be--" He was cut off by a blood curdling scream.  

Enna.  

My clothes flew into pieces as I shifted, running down the hallway as fast as I could. I found the room and broke down the door just in time to see a woman holding a limp Enna in her arms and a man wrapping his arms around her waist. He grinned at me evilly. I lunged for all I was worth, desperately trying to catch them before it was too late. But I knew, before I opened my eyes to see nothing but empty air, I knew.  

They were gone.  

My heart seemed to split in two, pulling me apart piece by piece. I wanted to die. I howled in pure pain, pure misery. I sensed Greg behind me. He had shifted and called the pack, going straight to business. I pulled myself together and made my decision right then and there.  

If Enna died, then so would I. I'd either die fighting or kill myself. Either way, I'd be with her.  

I stayed in wolf form, pushing away the pain in my heart until it went down to a strong but silent throb. I had to concentrate. Greg shifted back and he didn't say anything to me or try to console my shattering heart. I appreciated that.  

'The pack's on their way.' He told me with his mind. I just nodded, showing him that I understood. I didn't trust my voice. I straightened up and squared my shoulders, making sure that I showed no sign of weakness. Greg was my Beta and my best friend, but anyone else could take advantage of my out of whack feelings right now and challenge me.  

And I needed to find my mate. I started following my instincts, letting my wolf side take over so that I could find her faster. I closed my eyes and let the pull direct me to Enna and my pups. I heard howls outside and knew that my pack had come. 'Let's go.' I thought to Greg. He followed me out. We were at a pack hospital, so it was fine that we were still in our wolf forms.  

Everyone who could fight was there, all in their true forms. They saw my grief and howled, understanding immediately. The pull was directing me toward the woods, so I turned and ran in that direction, already knowing that my pack was following me.  

I was going find who took my woman.  

And I was gonna kill his ass.  

Slowly.  

Enna's POV:  

I woke up with a gasp and started hyperventilating. There was a pain my side and I knew I had to stop and calm myself down. So I slapped myself. It immediately straightened me out and I tried to figure out where I was. It was so dark that I could barely see my hand in front of me. The ground was hard, so I was obviously was on concrete. I slowly got up, holding my stomach to support myself. I stretched my hand out and felt bars. I was in a cage. Nice. Ironic really, how I was half dog and I was in a cage. I mentally rolled my eyes.