Prologue

PROLOGUE

How can I endure seeing him in this bar? With a woman sitting on his lap? A woman who is free to be intimate with him like that.  With those liquor bottles? Liquor bottles that can makes him forget the thing he wants to forget so bad.

And seeing him in this bar... Knowing the fact that I am the reason?

You, do you remember me
Like I remember you?
Do you spend your life
Going back in your mind to that time?

Napatingin ako sa babaeng singer dito sa bar. I smiled bitterly when I heard the new song she's singing.

Somebody's me by Enrique Iglesias, huh?

What a coincidence it is, right?

"Ma'am, drinks?" alok sa akin ulit ng waiter.

I looked at the waiter and shoo him away with my fake smile on my face. I cannot blame the waiter though because I did not order anything since I got here. I have been here in this bar for a while watching the man I love wasting his night with a woman.

Tonight, I don't have any plans to drink or get wasted. Even how badly I want to. Sinundan ko lang talaga siya dito after seeing him walking out from his father's office.

'Cause I, I walk the streets alone
I hate being on my own
And everyone can see that I really fell
And I'm going through hell
Thinking about you with somebody else

Seeing him with somebody else is something I never want to see nor imagine. It breaks my heart so bad... But forcing him to be with me and never once love me breaks my heart even more. Still, I know, I can handle the pain. I can, believe me.

Kaya kahit gaano kasakit pa na napipilitan lang siyang magpakasal sa akin ay okay lang. Okay lang, kakayanin ko. I know, someday, matututunan niya din akong mahalin. Ganun naman 'yun, diba? In life, it always takes time.

Somebody wants you
Somebody needs you
Somebody dreams about you every single night
Somebody can't breathe, without you it's lonely
Somebody hopes that one day you will see
That somebody's me

Somebody wants you
Somebody needs you
Somebody dreams about you every single night
Somebody can't breathe, without you it's lonely
Somebody hopes that one day you will see
That somebody's me

Yeah

Zachary... There is somebody out there wants to enter your life. And that's me. Can you just let me?

How, how did we go wrong?
It was so good and now it's gone
And I pray at night that our paths soon will cross
And what we had isn't lost
'Cause you're always right here in my thoughts

Somebody wants you
Somebody needs you
Somebody dreams about you every single night
Somebody can't...

Napansin ko na ang pagtayo niya mula sa kanyang pagkakaupo. Pasuray- suray siyang tumatayo kaya halatang mong lasing na lasing na siya. Pinapanuod ko lang kung paano siya asikasuhin ng mga kaibigan niya. And I am still thankful kasi may mga kaibigan siyang hindi siya papabayaan.

Napatayo ako at nagmamadaling lumapit na sa kanya nang nakita kong bumagsak siya mula sa pagkakatayo dahil sa sobrang pagkalasing. Ramdam ko ang tingin ng kanyang mga kaibigan sa akin ngunit hindi ko na binigyang pansin iyon. He is now really wasted drinking too much alcohol.

"Zachary, stand up, iuuwi na kita sa condo mo" bulong ko. Iniakbay ko ang kanyang malaking braso sa akin upang maalalayan siya sa kanyang pagkakatayo at paglalakad.