In Heat: Chapter Five

Chapter Five

     I sat there staring back at their panicked faces waiting for an answer but it never came. I could tell by their faces that they were talking amongst themselves, which didn’t fill me with any hope. It was obvious they had no I idea what was going on. I pulled my knees up to my chest and just let the water wash over me. It gave me little comfort but it eased the burning that filled me to the core. As it started to fade down I pulled myself up to standing, while everyone still had their eyes on me. I watched as Caleb’s eyes grew wide with a strange expression on his face. Liam too watched me with wide eyes, filled with I could only imagine was lust as his eyes roamed over my wet body. It wasn’t until then that I realised I was wearing nothing but my white cotton bra and knickers. Which due to water, unfortunately was now completely see through. I could feel my cheeks burning up as everyone continued to just stare at me. Obviously sensing my embarrassment Caleb handed me a towel. I quickly wrapped it around myself and hurriedly stepped my way out from the shower, weaving my way through everyone I finally escaped to my room. Everyone stilled seemed to be frozen in the bathroom, all except Caleb and Liam.

     “Are you ok?” Caleb asked his concern clear in his voice.

     “Yes I’m fine.” I replied quickly turning away from them and sitting on the edge of the bed.

I could feel their eyes raking over my damp naked back, burning into me.

     “Is there anything we can do to help?” Liam asked with concern in voice, as well as something else I couldn’t quite figure out.

I looked slowly over my shoulder at the brothers, noticing how differently they were looking at me now. Liam’s eyes seemed dark with hunger, as though he was a predator watching his prey. It frightened me a little and intrigued me at the same time. I could feel my heating up just looking at him. I had an urge to bite my bottom lip as a looked at him. That soon changed when I found myself looking into Caleb’s pain filled eyes, it looked as though he was having internal battle with himself. Something in those sad eyes seemed so familiar, like I had seen those emotions somewhere before. As I continued to look at him he turned to his brother and proceeded to push him out of my bedroom door.

      “We’ll leave you to get yourself sorted. I hope you start feeling better soon jade.” Caleb said looking at me from the doorway.

For some reason hearing my name leave his lips made me shiver with pleasure, his eyes grew wide as he watched me. He smiled at softly and seemed to struggle to tear his eyes away from me. Something felt wrong watching him walk away; I longed to look into his eyes once more confusing me immensely. Suddenly my mother, father and uncle all seemed to come out of their frozen, shocked state rushing over to me and fussing over me.

    “Sweetie are you ok now?” my mother asked.

    “Do want us to get you any water or food?” my father asked before I got a chance to answer my mother.

    “I’m sorry if I scared you but I feel fine now I promise.” I lied still feeling the slight burning deep in my stomach.

    “If you ask me I’d say she’s going into heat.” Harper piped up, making all of us look over at him in shock.

     “Doesn’t be ridiculous Harper she hasn’t even shifted yet.” my father said gripping hold of my hand.

     “If you say so but for a female who hasn’t shifted her scent is definitely gotten stronger. It hasn’t changed majorly but, and I hate to say this, it’s mouth-watering.” Harper said not wanting to make eye contact with me.

     “Harper!” my mum shouted in shock.

My eyes just grew wide as I listened to them.

     “Anna do you really think I wanted to say that about my own niece!” My uncle shouted back.