In Heat: Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

     Thanks to the events of the morning my day had been completely ruined. I just couldn’t get Caleb’s face out of my head. It didn’t help that Liam had taken it upon himself to follow me everywhere; he had pretty much attached himself to me. He sat next to me in every lesson and even insisted on escorting me to the bathroom when I need to go. I felt as though I was being smothered, yet at the same time he made all the other males keep their distance. That I was thankful for, everywhere I went I felt their eyes on me. Those that I caught looking me seemed to be staring at me hungrily. One growl from Liam though and they would turn away with their tail between their legs. I have to admit it was pretty funny to watch, for being a new member of the pack he had certainly had the males bowing down to him. As well as the females fawning over him that being said his clinginess with me was driving them wild. Even my sisters were glaring and whispering about me. Well I say whispering of course I heard everything they were saying, that of course being their intention. Yet just another thing for them to hate me for. Liam didn’t seem to notice he just went on oblivious to the stares and whispers of everybody us. He just seemed to walk around with a somewhat smug air about him, cockiness even. Some people would find his confidence attractive, a turn on maybe but not me. Walking around with felt like being a trophy he was showing off, I just hoped we wouldn’t bump into Caleb I wouldn’t what to see him hurt again. I could feel my heart aching every time I thought about him catching me in Liam’s arms. I still can’t believe I let myself get into that situation. I’m losing myself, I can feel it. It’s almost as though something inside me is fighting for control. Deep down I know It’s my wolf, I know my whole life she has been subtly guiding me through my life. But this, this is different, it’s like she’s screaming at me but I just can’t hear what it is she’s trying to say. I shouldn’t feel like this not yet anyway from what I’ve been told. Even though Liam constant closeness was irritating me, my skin still tingled every time his skin brushes mine.

     As the day dragged it was finally lunchtime. Usually I wouldn’t look forward to lunchtime, as normally I would spend it alone in the library, but today different. After lunch we have a free period. Well when I say a free period, I mean it’s not a compulsory subject. Which for me is art and that means I get to see Caleb. In fact I have two hours with him; it also means no Liam as he’s got football thank god. There is nothing I want more right now than some space to breath. I rolled my eyes as Liam put his arm around my shoulders as we left our history class; I still had to bite my bottom lip from the initial tingles that it caused. In fact I had to stop myself from moaning, the more physical contact I had with him the worse I got. I could feel this burning sensation deep in my stomach growing hotter and hotter as the day went by, right I felt as though I was going to combust. I was dragged from my thoughts as a soft chuckle escaped Liam lips. I turned to look at him and found him smirking down at me, his eyes glowing with hunger.

     “You need to calm yourself down honey, unless you want me drag into dark corner and have my way with you.” He whispered, brushing his lips against my ear.

I couldn’t stop the moan that left my lips; his warm breath on skin was setting me alight.

     “Mmmm, keep that up and take you right here right now. I don’t care who watching. You smell so good honey.” He whispered as he ran the tip of his nose up the side of my neck.

I shut my eyes and took a deep breath, hoping to calm myself down. If my uncle was definitely right about the whole heat thing, the last thing I wanted was to let myself get overly aroused surrounded by young hormonal males. If I wasn’t careful my scent would filled the corridor in seconds. Suddenly Caleb entered my mind; his hurt face calmed me instantly. I opened my eyes and saw my worst nightmare come true. Caleb stood by the entrance to the cafeteria; his hands were clenched tightly around his food and drink. His eyes were filled with pain once more but they almost seemed to be burning too with what I could only assume was anger. He looked over at his brother as though he was getting ready to attack and that scared me. Why would he want to hurt his brother? The only reason I could come up with was me, but why? Did I disgust him that much that he couldn’t bare his brother near me? He made it clear since the night he kissed that he doesn’t want to be around me. What’s wrong with me, why does he hate me so much? Within seconds he was gone.