In Heat: Chapter Three

Chapter Three

     Once everyone had had breakfast and they were all finished taking the mickey out of me, everything went back to normal. My siblings went back to their homes with their families and Harper took Catherine back to their new home. It was finally reasonable quiet in the house now. Well except for the occasional bickering between my sisters and my parent giggling like school children, that’s how it stayed until the next day. It was now Sunday afternoon and I was sat on the porch reading a book and drinking a big mug of hot chocolate. This was my idea of heaven. Amber and Amethyst were out with some of the other youths of the pack and Ruby and Sapphire, well I wasn’t really sure where they were but that suited me fine. They weren’t here pestering me and calling me book worm so I’m happy. In fact they had been gone all day, even when I was sat out here painting this morning they were nowhere to be seen. Normally they would be picking fun and trying to ruin my work. I think they just thought that making my life hell was there job. I put my book down on the arm of my chair and took a big sip of my hot chocolate; closing my eyes I savoured the taste. My peaceful moment was ruined by the sound of a vehicle pulling up; I opened my eyes and saw a pickup truck loaded with furniture. Curiosity getting the best of me I got up from my seat and walked over to the railing. As my eyes landed on Catherine’s two gorgeous brothers, I was once again dumbstruck. I didn’t think it was possible for there to be two beings that truly beautiful. I couldn’t help but notice a fluttering in my chest as I watched them unload the truck, there muscles tensing and bulging. I felt like a women possessed as I bit and licked my lips. I could feel my skin heating up and I had an urge to run over there and run my hands down their sweaty bare chests. Perhaps Harper was right; maybe I am turning into a sex crazed teenager. Don’t get me wrong there were other handsome males in the pack but I never really paid them too much attention. Well to be honest they never paid me any attention, why would they when I have Ruby and Sapphire taking all the limelight. My heart skipped a beat as they looked over and waved at me, I waved back feeling a little embarrassed that they caught me staring at them. I blushed as they smiled at me but it was soon wiped off my face as Ruby and Sapphire just seemed to appear from nowhere. They came waltzing out of the house in tiny shorts and skin tight t-shirts, despite the fact that we were in October. They looked over at me a smirked.

     “Getting yourself all worked up again little sis?” Sapphire laughed.

     “Let us so show you how it’s done.” Ruby said as they walked down the steps swaying their hips seductively.

Ruby was carrying as jug of homemade lemonade and four glasses, while Sapphire had a plate of freshly made biscuits. I slowly walked back over to my seat and slumped back down. I wasn’t interested in watching them throw themselves all over the newcomers. It was pathetic and made me sick. Yes I was jealous knowing that they would both forget that I even exist now that the slut twins had appeared. I picked up my book and tried to get myself lost in the pages. Unfortunately due to my advanced hearing, I could still hear their flirtatious giggling. It was enough to make me gag, I tried to block it out but they seemed to get deliberately louder. I had had enough, knowing they were deliberately trying to annoy me. I pulled myself up out of the chair and noticed the younger of the two males watching me. Once he knew he had been caught he looked away, continuing to laugh along with my sisters. I let out a sigh and turned towards the front door, as I reached out for the door handle, I could feel eyes on me. It didn’t feel uncomfortable, like it normally would if someone was staring at you, it felt familiar. Turning around to figure out who it was, I found myself looking straight at Catherine’s other brother. Unlike his younger sibling he didn’t look away when I caught him, he held my gaze. He looked almost puzzled, like he was trying to figure something out. Before I could stop it I smiled and waved at him, his face seemed to soften as he waved back. This of course caught the attention of my sisters. Their heads wiped round to me and they glared at me intensely. I took this as my cue to leave; I couldn’t be bothered to be dealing with their drama. I turned around and walked into the house, even with the door closed I felt as though there was someone keeping tabs on me. I hurried over to the nearest window and peeked out, catching both males glancing at the house.