The Ringing

Copyright ã 2012 Amber Russell

All rights reserved. Except as permitted under the U.S. Copyright Act of 1976, no part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system, without the prior permission of the publisher.

The characters and events portrayed in this book are fictitious. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead is coincidental and not intended by the author.

Intro - Werewolf Law

          The werewolf community has secretly existed for thousands of years; unbeknown to the human population yet hidden in plain sight. The community is separated into regions; each region - pack - is commanded by an Alpha male and his Luna, if he has been mated. The Alpha position is passed down from father to son when the reigning Alpha feels it is his time to step down or it is in the best interest of the pack to have a younger Alpha; a daughter is only allowed to take the position of Alpha if there are no sons born to the family and if she herself has mated to a male from an Alpha bloodline from a different region. The Alpha bloodlines are the same in packs to this day as they have always been; it will always be a member of the originating Alpha’s family running the pack, the only blood added to the line is that of the wolves the Alpha’s have mated with over the years.

          Each pack has their own Alpha and is governed by the rules and regulations that they set forth; the word of the Alpha is final, he makes the laws and acts as judge and jury for the pack. There is however one family that has more pull and power over every region than the Alpha’s that rule them; that family - the Royals - have power and authority over all regions and can override any Alpha’s decision or law at any given time that they see fit. The royal family is said to be the only bloodline of the original werewolves left to exist; the King and Queen rule over the entire werewolf community and are held at the utmost honor and respect. The current reigning family is King Leonardo Reyes and Queen Isabella Reyes; they also have three sons, Cale - 25, Joseph - 22, and Antonio - 20.

          When a Royal male turns twenty-five there is a competition held to find him the perfect mate worthy of carrying on the royal bloodline; this competition has been held for centuries and is called ‘The Ringing of a Princess’ - ‘The Ringing’ for short. The Ringing is a three month process in which all unmated Alpha females between the ages of twenty and twenty-four are eligible for chance to become the mate of the available Royal Prince, not every girl will get her chance with him though; the Prince will go through the thousands of girls available and narrow it down to only twenty-five women through a series of pictures, profiles and interviews. Once the Prince chooses the twenty-five females they are sent to the Royal land and he will spend time with them over a three month period, eliminating them as time goes on until he decides on the one he would like as his mate. Competing in The Ringing is mandatory not optional, but there have rarely ever been women chosen to compete that didn’t want to be there; being mated to a Royal made you a Royal yourself; who wouldn’t want to be one of the most respected werewolves in the world?

*A/N - This is not a copy, based off of, or in any way shape or form related to The Selection! Please take the time to read the story before you make that assumtion!*