Six: Creative

Mind Reader

As my train pulls away from the station, I waved a final goodbye to no one. There was no one standing outside, waving me off. There looked to be thousands of people standing out there, and I could have picked a happy couple to wave to, to pretend there was someone. Some people were crying, others laughing, most giving their last goodbyes. For the last few months, I had been planning this. There was nothing left for me here.

I looked out the window, and watched the green scenery rush by. It's been so long since i had been able to leave my home, and as soons as i was able to find a way out, i took it. Ever since I could remember, I was stuck in that blasted room. There wasn't anything I could do, of course. My aunt had taken me in, and as soon as she realized I was different, she locked me up. There was always something off about me, but I never knew how different I was, until I finally stepped out.

As the train moved faster and faster, my thoughts became even more fumbled. The other people sitting around me had such busy, inconvenient thoughts.

"I can not believe that lady sat next to me"

"He looks like he could do with something nicer."

They were inconsistent and unnecessary comments that I couldn't get rid of. As the train kept moving, and we got closer to the next stop, I only momentarily regretted leaving. Only because of the tornado of thoughts and images caught in my head, was I regretful.

But the moment the train stopped, I knew I was ready.