One: Creative

Infamous Princess

I've been on the run for what felt like years. Of course, as Alexander keeps reminding me, its only been a week. We finally arrived in the states a few days leaving my home country, a small no man's land in Europe. At first, when I left, I met Alexander on the border where my country and Switzerland, a neighboring one meet. I was absolutely terrified of leaving, but I knew all to well it was for the greater good.

"Alissa? Look up." Alexander said, walking up next to me. I obeyed, and saw the beautiful landscape of North America.

"After I get settled, you know I have to leave." I nodded in response.

"I am well aware. I will be meeting my cousin when we get off, I believe."

"Do you know where?" Alexander gave me a suspicious look, as if doubting my ability to know of where I will be staying.

"Of course." I rolled my eyes in response to his look. "His coffee shop. At least, I think that's what he called it."

"Right. You don't get out much do you?" He laughed at my expense, to which I only rolled my eyes. He was right, sadly. This would be the first time I have ever been outside of where I grew up. My parents were always busy, so they left me to be in the company of the nanny they paid.

I shook my head of my thoughts, and looked out again, to see that the boat was pulling up to the dock. Alexander grabbed my arm, and rushed me off the boat. My satchel, the only bag I had brought, was almost lost in the rush. I made the mistake of looking up, and besides losing my footing, the sun burned my eyes. The sunglasses, baseball cap, along with the shorts and t shirt, that Alexander gave me that morning were greatly appreciated in that moment.

"Call me Alex while we're here. Don't question it." Alexan-Alex gave me a sideways glance as we walked quickly from the boat. "And it may do you well not to speak much while we're in public. Everyone flocks to people from another country, and you don't need any attention right now." My satchel had almost flown away again, and I wanted to ask him to slow down. I decided against that, seeing as my friend looked stressed enough at the moment.

"Are we not going to see Elliot first?" I asked timidly. Alex seemed on the brink of screaming, and we still kept walking fast.

"No. First, we need to go to the store." I thought it would go much more interesting than it was though. I had never been to a store, and I was excited, and I guess I was hyped up for nothing, as Alex had told me.

"Hair dye, hair bleach, scissors. Makeup. Hair ties." Alex muttered under his breath while searching the aisle we were in.

"You can go pick out some new clothes." He told me, and pointed to the middle of the store. None of it was what I had been used to. There were no gowns or casual dresses. Only the short sundresses.

As we walked out of the store, I noticed people staring a bit. I slid the sunglasses over my eyes, in a hope to conceal my face some more.

"No one should be able to recognize you later." Alex remarked as we sat in the car.

"I hope not."

"Well, the infamous princess won't look the same without her signature dress and fiery hair."

I smiled, ready for the change that already started, and there was no going back now.