Four: Creative

Nightmares

Everyone is coming from their own nightmare. Mine is this...

Darkness. All I could see is nothing. Once, I heard a disembodied laugh. But never again.

They woke us up. I don't know if they meant to or not, but all I know is that I'm no longer stuck in the dark. I opened my eyes to a dimly lit room, and I was filled with relief that I could see people rushing around in white clothing. 

I tried to ask what was happening. The woman cleaning the table a few feet away screamed, before running out of the room. What reminded me vaguely of doctors rushed in, panicking. I didn't understand why. All I was aware of, was that I was trapped, for seemingly years, but for all I know, it was days or months.

"They're all waking up! This is an international emergency. I repeat, an international emergency. Alert the authorities, immediately." One man yelled into a phone-like object in his hand.

All I could see was blurs. Once everything went quiet, I sat up. No one was in my immediate line of sight, so I pulled the wire from my arm and walked out. It seemed as though I wasn't the only one to do this, because of the many other people, dressed in the same hospital gown as me.

The lights shut down, and a screeching noise went over a microphone, at least that's what it seemed like.

"You thought what you just woke up from was your worst nightmare?" A voice cackled through the microphone. A man down the hall collapsed to the floor. "You'll find, that this world is even worse. The world you all grew up in. The world that you, all of you, are now a complete part of."