Mistaken Love-(8) Drunk? What?

Enjoy

Mistaken Love-(8) Drunk? What?

Recap

When I come out the room, I have my hijab on, because it still doesn't feel right to go in front of a man without it. I see he's not alone, but with a friend who's carrying him up the stairs. Oh My God, what happened to him. I run to the stairs and his friend sees me and gives me a apologetic smile. Okay what is wrong with him.

"What happened to him?" I ask as his friend lays him on the bed.

"Bhabhi. Zayan's drunk." My breath hitched in it's spot and it became harder for me to speak.

~*~

HE'S DRUNK WHAT?

I can't believe this, what type of muslim is he. How did my parents marry me off to a guy who drinks alcohol? That's haram. Im fuming with anger and I don't know how to deal with this. I wonder that's why he never noticed me being home or not. I don't even care about that. Why would he drink? Oh God what situation did you put me in. Urghhhh, without noticing tears are brimming in the corner of my eyes. This is all on the very first day. Wow!

His friend just stands there, and smiles apologetically.

"Uhh Bhabhi, I'm gonna leave now." I can't even form words with my mouth. I just simply nod and he walks out.

Zayan's laying on the bed his life less body, with his work attire still on. Carefully I remove his shoes and put them on the side, with tears dripping down my face, silent sobs. He still had his coat on and tie, without waking him up, I loosen up his tie and gently lift his arm to remove his coat from one arm and then the other. As soon as I'm about to leave, his hand grips my wrist, suddenly sparks go through my body with his gentle touch, this is weird. He makes me turn my face towards him and slowly whispers which can barely be heard "Thank You". It left me speechless he's such a arrogant and rude person. He loosens his grip on my hand and that my cue to get up and leave.

The moment I stand up, he's asleep, he looks so innocent while sleeping, wait till he wakes up. (Note the sarcasm) Why am I even staring at him. I walk out his room and go to the guest room. Why would he be drunk? It's forbidden in Islam to drink, how can he be so careless and sinful. Why did my dad marry me off to such a guy? The moment I first met him I knew he wasn't my type at all, but then I met his sisters and they were so nice. Aila didn't wear a hijab but she was a true muslim and you can tell she wasn't faking anything. Although I still have to ask her about this 'house' David told me about.

Should I ask him tomorrow, about him being drunk? I don't know if I should or shouldn't. Is it a habit, or a one time thing? All these questions I wanna ask him, but I don't wanna talk to him, he doesn't even care. My eyes feel so sleepy now and slowly start closing. Allah please help me! I pray one last time and hug the pillow closer to me, and fall asleep.

~*~

Knock, knock.

Slowly my eye lids part and the bright sun makes me wanna close them again but someone's knocking on the door. Swinging my feet on the floor I rub my eyes and say "coming" while I wrap my hijab before I could open the door.

Who ever is outside waits patiently, when I open the door. Everything from last night rushes in my mind and I lower my gaze quickly. What is he doing here?

"Oh Salam Bhabhi" I smile weekly.

"Wasalam, I'm sorry I still don't know your name?" he chuckles softly, it's kinda weird he's outside my room and knocking on my door before checking on his friend.

"Ah, sorry I'm Zahir, I came to see Zayan and tell you why he was drunk..." a noise makes him turn around and makes my vision clear too when I look up. Zayan. He leaves his room and a sudden anger look overtakes his morning groggy one.