Nightmares and Comfort

Heyyyy I decided to continue the story, how about that, eh? Alright, I swear it gets more interesting from this point on - I hope.

My hands cupped my chest, the sinking feeling of disappointment flooding through me. I stared in horror at the scene in front of me. That blasted Alfred had Feliciano wrapped in his arms, their lips connected. It seemed so real, yet not. Their faces were slightly distorted to the point where it was almost as if they were unhappy about the tight embrace.

Feliciano slowly opened his honey eyes and stared into mine. I stared back. His unnaturally formed mouth formed into a smirk and he pressed his lips harder into the American's. His fingers tangled themselves in his messy blond hair.

I blinked away a few tears the color of marigolds and they were gone. Instead there sat Feliciano, his back to me, his auburn hair mangled, and he was wearing an Italian military uniform. Once I found control over my body again, I ran up to him and wrapped him in my muscular arms. He was thin, not slim, but incredibly malnourished thin. His ribs jagged out and poked my arms and he was quietly sobbing.

I turned him towards me and cupped his cheek. I gasped at the horrifying sight. His face was covered in bruises, scares and blood, which was trailing out of his nose and mouth. Tears streamed down his face and apparently out of mine too, as small teardrops dropped off of my chin and onto his bloody chest. I clenched my teeth together, a bullet hole was punched straight through his chest, blood stained the once green grass and his blue uniform. I shook my head frantically, attempting to change the scene like last time, but it stayed the same. His body in my arms stiffened and went limp. I choked back a sob. I slammed my lips into his in an attempt to revive him with my kisses. "F-Feliciano!" I cried, finally finding my voice again.

I shot up off of my bed, gasping for breath. Tears streaked down my face and I quickly wiped them away. I looked over to the nightstand next to me with a framed picture of me, Feliciano, Gilbert, and Lovino in an ice cream parlor. Gilbert and Feli were grinning like the idiots they are and Lovino and I were staring straight-faced into the camera.

I tore my eyes from the picture and down at the phone sitting on the charger. A shaky pale hand reached out and picked it up. I had to hear his voice again. I had to. I dialed his number with slight difficulty, as I was still shaking horribly. I raised the phone to my ear as it rang. It rang and rang until finally I heard a small click. "Hello?..." A tired Italian accent reached my ears. I choked out a sob. "Feliciano!" I cried quietly into the phone. The voice hesitated before speaking in a softer, more awake voice. "Ludwig? What's wrong?"

I sniffed and explained my nightmare. His unusually gentle voice reached my ears again. "Shhh... It's alright. It was just a nightmare. Please calm down. I'm right here." I slowly calmed down and smiled, even if he couldn't see it. "Thank you, Feliciano," my voice was back to normal, "I apologize for interrupting your sleep." It was true. I was sorry, I just had to hear his voice again reassuring me that he wasn't going anywhere. He giggled lightly on the other side of the phone. "It's alright. Goodnight Ludwig, dont be afraid to call me if something like this happens again." With that, a small click reached my ears and the line went silent. I set down my phone and smiled. I love him. I love him so much. I wish I had enough courage to tell him and whisk him away from the American prick. I didn't dare tell him of the first scene of my nightmare. He would've found out my feelings, if only. If only I could confess to him and he'd be mine, if only our stupid brothers didn't get in the way God if only.