Narry - Introducing Me

Words: 1093

Niall’s POV: 

“Horan! Aye, what’s that?” I turn to look as Louis walk up beside me. We walk together to our next class. “I don’t know, it hung on my locker…” “Well, what does it say?” he tries to grab it from my hands, but I pull it away from him. “Hands off! It says Introducing me.” He gives me a suspicious look “Introducing me?” I nod “Yeah”  We walk into class and as I go to sit down at my usual place I spot another note. I pick it up, sending Louis a worried glance. “I’m, I’m good at wasting time, I think lyrics need to rhyme. And you’re not asking, but I’m trying to grow a moustache.” Lou burst out laughing upon hearing the last part, “Trying to grow a moustache? What kind of girls are you attracting?!” I groan, sighing. “No, you don’t get it. It’s a song. You know, from Disney.” “Haha, okay, whatever you say.”

--Time skip (sorry, idk what to write…)—

Throughout the day I’ve received lots and lots of these notes. I sit down on the ground, beside my friends, attacking the sandwich in front of me. “So, Niall” I look up “Mm?” “I hear you’ve got a secret admirer... What do the notes say?” Zayn asks. “Well, it’s lyrics from a song, Introducing Me by Nick Jonas.” I reply with my mouth full of food. “Oh, cool.” After a while I realize that there’s someone missing. “Hey, where’s Liam?” I ask, confused. They all share a knowing look before turning towards me. “Well you certainly took your time, poor lad must be nervous as hell by now.” What? “Why would he be that?” “Not Liam, Harry. Poor lad is waiting for you on the other side of the building.” Okay, now I’m lost. What the hell does this Harry lad have to do with me?? “Wh- I only asked where Liam is, I don’t know no Harry!” They all sigh. “Exactly, you don’t know him and he don’t know how to play guitar. That’s why he’s going to introduce himself, while Liam plays guitar.” Louis explains, pushing me towards the other side of school.

Harry’s POV:

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, I can’t do this!! “Calm down Harry, they’ll be here soon. You sound great anyway, so there’s nothing to worry about.” Liam reassures me. “But Liam, he’ll hate me! He don’t even know me, he’ll think I’m some kind of a psycho stalker or something!!” I yell franticly. “Harry, listen to me! He’ll like you, don’t worry. This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for him, he’ll love it.” I smile slightly, nodding. “Yeah, okay, thanks.” “No problem.” Then, all of a sudden, I hear footsteps. My eyes widen but before I can runaway Liam grabs my arm giving me a stern look. “Don’t. You can do this, I know you can.” I take a deep breath and then I see Niall standing there, gorgeous as ever.

Niall’s POV:

I’m, I’m good at wasting time, I think lyrics need to rhyme. And you’re not asking, but I’m trying to grow a moustache. I eat cheese, but only on pizza, please. And sometimes on a homemade quesadilla. Otherwise it smells like feet to me. And I, I really like you when the moon looks like a toe nail. And I love it when you say my name.” I stare wide eyed at him; did he seriously just sing to me? And his voice is perfect! Then Liam pulls out his guitar and start playing. “If you wanna know, here it goes. Gonna tell you there’s a part of me that shows, if we’re close, gonna let you see everything, but remember that you asked for it. I’ll try to do my best to impress, but it’s easier to let you take a guess, at the rest. But you wanna hear what lives in my brain, my heart, well you asked for it. For your perusing, at times confusing, slightly amusing… introducing me!”

I just stand there, staring at him. “Do do do do do do, do do do do do do. La da da da, la da da da da da da, da.” Not thinking he’d sing the whole song I open my mouth to try and say something, but then he starts on the second verse, going twice as fast! “I never trust a dog to watch my food. And I like to use the word ‘dude’ as a noun, or and adverb, or and adjective. And I, I’ve never really been into cars. I like really cool guitars, and superheroes and cheques with lots of zeroes on ‘em. I love the sound of violins and making someone smile...” I can’t help the huge grin that covers my face as he sings the chorus again.

Well you probably know more than you ever wanted to, so be careful when you ask next time. If you wanna know, here it goes. Gonna tell you there’s a part of me that shows, if we’re close, gonna let you see everything, but remember that you asked for it. I’ll try to do my best to impress, but it’s easier to let you take a guess, at the rest, but you wanna hear what lives in my brain, my heart, well you asked for it. For your perusing, at times confusing, hopefully amusing… introducing me! Do do do do do do, do do do do do do. Do do do do… introducing me!

“Well?” he looks at me nervously. “Wow, oh my gosh! That’s … that’s amazing! Incredible! Oh my gosh! Wha- I .. I don’t know what to say.“ I laugh nervously, hiding my face behind my hands. “Well, please say something.” I look at him and start giggling, yes, fuc.king giggling! “Hi and thank you? I’m Niall, but you probably knew that already, didn’t you?” I giggle some more, seeing him blush, scratching the back of his neck. “Maybe…” the others start laughing, smirking at us. “Why don’t you try breaking the awkwardness? A kiss would probably work!” Lou yells, smirking at us when we both start blushing like crazy.

“So, does this mean I have to sing something to you too or?” I ask, raising my eyebrows. He laughs, shaking his head. “No, but I wouldn’t complain. You’ve got a great voice.” He winks, making me blush. I smile, gazing up at him. “Maybe I will.” I laugh at him raising his eyebrows, pecking his lips lightly.