Kingdom Flaws (12)

"Nemesis?" Cronus stared at me dumbfounded. "How-"

"It can't be..." The prince gawked looking me up and down. "A fraud?"

"No," I put up my hands. "Let me explain."

"You don't have to explain anything," Cronus stared me down darkly. "Who are you?" He took out his sword and pointed it towards me.

"It's me!" I placed my hands on my chest. "Can you just listen-"

"Yeah who are you?" Ritava grinned.

"You're not helping," I hissed at him.

"You're telling me that you weren't Julis the whole time?" Autumn gasped. "I had-I had a SLAVE sitting next to me?"

"Why didn't you tell us?" Fefe glared at me.

"I had a feeling, but I didn't think it was this extreme..." Cor crossed her arms together not looking pleased as well.

"Who are you?" Cronus shouted. "What did you do to Nemesis?"

"I'm her you idiot!" I snapped back.

"Prove it?" Cronus raised his eyebrows.

"She doesn't have to prove anything. Even if she is the servant..." The prince, pale spoke through clenched teeth. "What she has done is treason-"

"You have to hear me out first," I panicked. "This will all-"

"Pretending to be a princess shouldn't be justified with an excuse?" Autumn cut me off. "The punishment should be even worse to think a mere muro like you was pretending to be.. A princess."

"Julis and I made an agreement!" I snapped. "She didn't want to come here-"

"You really think were going to believe a liar?" The prince snarled. "Give me that!" He snatched the sword out of Cronus's hand.

"My prince..." Cronus took a hesitating step forward, but stopped.

"I have decided on your punishment servant," the prince lifted the sword high beneath my head. "And death shall be the answer," he struck down hard.

I dodged the strike quickly by doing a back flip to the side. I landed roughly from the exhaustion and flickered my attention to Ritava.

He nodded and murmured a spell under his breath. The prince who rebuilt his momentum on attacking lunged forward once again, but Ritava's counter attack flung the sword out of his hand.

The prince swiftly faced Ritava and pointed a questioning finger.

"You're working with her aren't you?" He snarled.

"What is that to you?" Ritava frowned. "You're pointing at a guy with two dragons. Not so smart my little prince," Ritava winked.

The prince didn't waver, but the acknowledgement of Ritava's argument shut him right up.

"I've had my fun already," Ritava sighed. "Do you guys want to listen or not? I've known this little lady my whole life. It's no fraud."

"I've never seen you in the kingdom before," the prince hissed. "I have every reason to doubt-"

"Doubt and be suspicious you can be, but do you have that choice now?" Ritava raised an eyebrow. "You're not in your cozy kingdom anymore Valvane-"

"You dare so casually speak my name?" The prince chuckled.

"You dare so casually speak my name," Ritava mimicked him. "Get off your high horse you spoiled brat."

I was, and wasn't shocked at Ritava's language towards the prince. He sure was taking the fake the prince not being surrounded in his kingdom to an advantage.