Kingdom Flaws (9)

Fefe was both pissed and utterly conflicted with the dilemma bestowed upon her when she returned. I knew she didn't sell me out with the fact I knew the name.

I knew doing this part of the princess games wasn't a bad target on your back, but a good one.

For the other princesses that is. This task could only be one by someone either extremely powerful gifted or a muro.

Only a muro could say the Bafa's name. Or with the influence of a muro, a non-muro could say the Bafa's name. It took much strength which exposes how leveled Fefe really is. So it was and wasn't a surprise when she said the name.

The way the king reacted was fairly obvious that this was something huge. It also exposed the truth in various ways that strummed my lyre of curiosity.

I, however would be lying if I said I wasn't a nervous wreck.

I was worse.

Way worse.

Our fake princes weren't even apart of this game which I heard because of that factor Agathi got a scolding for. I was more than glad that cocky hero got a scolding by the king. What she did was pathetic and put our lives on stake.

If she couldn't handle the damn Zove what made her think we could? It made no sense. Fefe was too up in her world to talk and I understood completely.

The other princesses were spooked and only Autumn was the only irrelevant one who was mad Fefe got a month with the prince.

Fefe, however didn't seem that thrilled. She however was the only one to leave and go have dinner with the prince. The other princesses and including myself were to be sent to our rooms.

That following night I was dazed while working in the kitchen. Nothing was going smoothly and Ritava who was also very quiet just worked. Something entirely new and strange for me to see. Ritava working.

"What's up with you?" I confronted him as he peeled away the potato skins.

"A wake up call," he grinned sheepishly.

"Seriously," I stared at him feeling worried all of a sudden. "What happened Ritava?"

"I..." Before Ritava could say anything Yerksa came out of nowhere. Her presence seemed to spoke him with a saw visibly occur as he started to peel away his potatoes even faster.

"Did I say you could wander around?" Yerksa raised a strict eyebrow.

I shook my head and without complaining followed Yerksa towards the kitchen. I picked up the platter of food for the designated guards and by now everything seemed normal in the forbidden kingdom.

I just realized the comfort of my two literal lives in this palace and how ironic both are. I'm proud of myself at the fact I could keep calm all this while.

Even if I feel like I'm going downhill rather than up. Keeping calm is the number one thing I need to establish amongst my mind, myself and my body.

Walking over to the regular room the guards hang out in. I passed out the orders quickly and searched for the familiar faces. They each greeted with nothing more than a smile and hey Nemy. I nodded and smiled back.

I soon noticed I still had one more order on my platter. It belonged to none other than Cronus. I huffed with a rumble of my lips flapping and searched around the crowded room. Turning and ducking several times.

I soon found myself in an area of the room where I wasn't familiar of and where it came from. I found a balcony in the far corner of the room hiding behind the stairs that lead to other various of places inside the place.