Kingdom Flaws (17)

You could question gravity in that moment. The shock that maneuvered in and out of my body and the way Yerksa and I held each others gazes. My left eye twitched all of a sudden and a white light blinded me to a point I folded over with pain.

"Ah!" I yelped out as a pin point screech replaced my hearing.

"Nemesis," Yerksa called out and caught me before I fell.

"Ahhhh!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Nemy!" I heard Ritava's voice coming out of nowhere.

"Where's Cronus?" A voice I couldn't quite decipher asked.

Yerksa held me in her arms as my whole body began to feel hallow. It felt like my brain was melting. Those words Cronus spoke, the words I couldn't understand I could suddenly understand, but it hurt. It hurt so much.

"What's happening!" I could hear Julis crying. "No, no, no!"

My eyes were open, yet I couldn't see. "Focus on me!" Yerksa held me as I tried to breathe and see at the same time. "Listen, focus on me. Nemesis, I need you to focus on me right now!" Yerksa's voice became desperate.

"What's happening?" Speaking felt like it took an eternity. "Why am I suddenly remembering things?"

Images kept flashing and replacing my vision. Images of my Knight days, but why? Why was I being forced into remembering how I became a Knight.

"Remembering what? Remembering..." Yerksa stopped screaming and let my body fall.

Everything will make sense the minute you remember, was the last thing Cronus said. 

Remember I will.