Kingdom Flaws

This story needs like some MAJOR ass editing so don't complain as you read on.

The Princess Games

 I gulped as I sat there with the other six princesses. I mean-I wasn't a real princess and the fact they didn't seem fazed at how awkward I looked sitting there, well it was a mystery to me.

My name is Nemesis. I've trained four years of my life to become a royal guard to only be thrown into a frilly society of guarding a princess. I mean it's not bad! Since the pay is amazing. I just wanted to be thrown into an adventurous world and fight mysterious creatures in the dark forests.

That all went down the hole when they assigned me to guard one of the seven princess of the royal kingdoms. So far all her guards died or ran away from her and I know why. She's a brat.

However because I was a girl and maybe that's why they assigned me to her, I somehow told her to calm the hell down. In the end she listened and we both actually became good friends.

Now I bet you're wondering why i'm sitting here pretending to be the third princess of the third royal kingdom.

Well...

It all started when it was the last day in the third kingdom. Julis was being set off to the seventh kingdom. The acclaimed forbidden kingdom of all kingdoms showed off their offspring who is a male for the very first time in nineteen years.

All the other six kingdoms went into a hectic plea to show off their daughters, the first borns of the kingdoms and basically go into a battle in who can get the forbidden prince. If you thought that was the bad part, ha... Let me keep going then.

I entered Julis's room to find her sobbing with a guy hugging her. I took out my knives and threw two towards him. He dodged them without an effort as Julis came running towards me.

"No-no Nemy, he's mine-he's here with me!" Julis frantically grabbed me.

"You dare enter a royal kingdom?" I hissed as I took out my full fledged sword.

"It's not what you think.." The man smoothly spoke.

"Guard yourself!" I pounced in an attack position.

"Nemesis!" Julis screamed.

"Get out of the way!" I hissed at her.

"Listen he's-"

"Move Julis!" I nearly screamed. I didn't want the other guards to come in and see what was going on. I didn't want them to think I was too weak to handle this. Since I am one of the very first women guards.

I held on to Julis with my left hand as I balanced my sword with the other. Julis desperately started hitting me until she slapped me across the face.

Shocked, I let go of her and placed a hand on my cheek.

"Listen!" She stomped her foot.

Julis was sobbing hard now as she dizzily swayed. The man went over to help her, but I grabbed her by the waist and pointed the sword towards his head.

"I dare you to move.." I whispered in a low tone. He put his hands up and walked back a few steps.

"Leave.." Julis whispered. "Leave Foly."

"But-" He began.

"Now!" She ordered.

Without a second utter from his part, Foly, the man turned around and jumped out the window that was blowing in cold shiver worthy wind. I shuddered at how easily he jumped from the widow. It was the sixth floor.