Kingdom Flaws (6)

"It's time," Yerksa shoved me awake.

I blinked once and twice until I felt the sleep inside me wan away. I yawned right away which signified it didn't.

"How long did sunset?" I murmured getting up and folding the blanket.

"Five minutes," Yerksa growled walking out with her haunched back.

This certainly woke me up.

"What!?" I snapped almost tripping and falling as I ran out the closet door. "How long did I sleep for?"

"Well I asked you to go put the cloths away and about twenty minutes later of yelling your name I found you on the floor," Yerksa scolded.

She stopped and turned around sharply. I flinched from the intensity and took a step back. It shocked me for such an old lady to be so fast. She was strong as well which told me not to get on her bad side.

Her skin sagged as she frowned deeply. Yet again it always looked like she was frowning with her sagging skin. I pleaded with my expression for her not to get angry. I couldn't afford to waste time with more scolding.

I started jumping up and down from foot to foot.

Yerksa sighed shaking her head and pointed her finger towards the door.

"Thank you! Thank you!" I kissed her on the forehead and ran.

Grinning I booked it before she could hit me, but fell down on the floor hard. A pained groan left my lips as I squinted upwards to find Yerksa smirking. Her leg lazily out as if one step ahead of me.

"Run rat run!" She poked her foot on my butt.

I muttered some curses under my breath and started sprinting. I thought I was imagining things when I heard her laugh. I shook my head and started running even faster. I kept glancing towards the windows to see the purple glisten of the skies mocking me with light.

I began running even harder with my feet barely touching the ground. I took a sharp turn that left me swerving for my life in order not to hit the walls. Instead my eyes widened as I a hooded figure lightly jogging heading my way.

I yelped a rather... Let's just say it wasn't elegant with my body flinging I hit me hard sending him flying backwards. I don't exactly where I collided in with the figure, but all I knew in that moment was how much it hurt.

"Ah!" I grabbed my head. "My leg!"

The pain was so much I didn't even know what was hurting or where. I just grabbed something and sounded like a mad man high on hulip leaves complaining about my leg when really it was my head. I was to dizzy to feel embarrassed.

"Wh-what?" The figure snapped lifting his hood.

I couldn't really see with one eye open. I got up limping with just a corner left to my room I was almost there. The maids were about to come in less then five minutes to check on me and I wouldn't be there.

"This isn't happening.." I swore under my breath limping.

The hand out of nowhere grabbed my wrist that I was using to place on my hip and push myself forward. I glared at the masculine hand and witnessed the hooded figure as a gender.

He was a young man probably in his early twenties. The way he grabbed my wrist indicated he was pretty unamused when really I was the one who wasn't very amused.

"I have no time," I tried to shove his grasped away. It didn't budge and so did his stance. Something told me he was trained.

Well... something ALWAYS told me someone was always trained just by simple factors of not budging when I pushed them in some sort of way.