Kingdom Flaws (10)

Before the pills warred on me I decided to visit Ritava since his outcome of what happened was much worse. Cronus was taking care of him which made me feel better, however still...

This was Ritava we were talking about. I knew him since I was a child. I've never seen him like this ever.

It terrified me.

Sneaking to where his room was no worry and thankful there were no guards around asking what I was doing. Opening the door slowly I glanced towards Cronus who was standing. He was already looking my way as if aware I was coming.

This fact I wasn't shocked, coming from a head guard for the king.

"Is he okay?" I whispered tip toeing over.

Cronus got up as I sat down on his chair and stared worriedly at Ritava. I put small pressure on his forehead and bit my lower lip.

He was freezing. A symptom I remember when against a wex and you fall into it's spell of intimidation.

"Can you bring me some hot water and a small towel?" I turned to Cronus.

Without saying a word Cronus nodded and left the room. He returned just as quick as he left with the towel in a small bucket. I took the towel out, squeezing it and placed the wet warm towel on Ritava's head. He was freezing and it states if ever paralyzed by a wex the person is near frozen.

I got shivers just touching his hand. Resembling winter just from a touch of his skin. I held my friends cold hand in that moment and squeezed it. Even though he had many, many blankets on top of him he was still frozen.

I laid on my head on top of his chest and listened to the faint flutter of his heartbeat. I prayed to myself he was okay. He would be okay. My eyes starting to bounce up and down slowly telling me it was about time the pills hit me. I was about to enter a deep slumber, but not just yet.

I didn't want to be here while Cronus saw the change. I bet a hundred and ten percent he wouldn't be too thrilled to know my secret, since the guy is a goody two shoes.

Always has been since the academy. Everyone hated him because he was so straight. Never curved around, foold around and didn't anything to question him. It was worse because he wasn't a muro.

Even though most non-muros are rich and noble. There's always the low class non-muros who get treated even better than us. So it pissed off a lot of the students in the academy he would get such good grades when they personally, like myself, knew it wasn't because he was non-muro getting those grades.

Cronus was actually really good. I noticed the potential along time ago and resented him in many ways and blamed him as well. He was the scapegoat everyone needed and so he did become one.

Whenever Ritava and I did something adventurous he would pout his lips with disappointment. That was one reason why I didn't like Cronus because he made himself seem self righteous.

The only reason I pretended not to know him was because our silent, but awkward past. I actually convinced myself i didn't know him, but I knew sooner or later both of us would confront each other.

The only reason I say our past was awkward was because of specific reasons. After the graduation it was like Cronus changed. He was actually smiling which everyone thought was strange. I only thought it was because of the graduation because everyone was so happy to make it to the grueling end. However...

In many ways it was more than that.

Cronus right after our graduation asked me out. The worst part of this story is the fact I didn't even give him a reply as a few days later I heard about the job in the third kingdom.