Chapter 12

I was happy Mason was there with me. I didn't want to be alone. He has proven he cares about me and my daughter. Now here he was, not willing to leave my side, it was a beautiful thing to have someone love you that much. I looked into his eyes, I could see he was worried, yet he was being strong for me.

"So what should we do now?" I asked.

"Lets go get some lunch." 

"Did we eat breakfast?" I laughed

"Nope"

"Ya, you know I don't feel too hungry."

"To bad, you have to eat, you haven't eaten anything since when?"

"Um." 

"That's my point. Besides I'm starving. Being knocked out, and drugged by evil men apparently gives me an appetite."

"So steak?" 

"Steak." he confirmed.

We drove out to the steak house, the one where we had our first meal together. We grabbed the same booth. While waiting on our waitress, out of the corner of my eye I saw Lin. I ran over grabbed her, I turned her around to see her beautiful face. The girl looked at me, it wasn't Lin.

"I'm so sorry, forgive me." 

The Mother looked at me, giving me a tender look. 

"Its okay, I hope you find your Lin." she calmly sweetly said.

I walked back to my seat in tears. Mason held my hand.

"Its going to be okay." he whispered.

He leaned closer and kissed me gently on my cheek. I reached for him holding him tight. I fetl so connected to him. Everything we went through together made me feel a deeper connection to him. I loved him so much. I didn't think I could love him more than I loved him right now. 

"I'm never going to see Lin again." 

"Its very possible, but I was thinking. Lin is a smart girl. Maybe she had a plan, and that's why she didn't struggle against them." 

"I never thought of that." 

"Its a theory." 

"Its a damn good theory, I like it,"

Waitress finally came and took our order. We ordered the house comb again. We ate the delicious steaks, then headed back to my house. In the car, Mason drove, I scooted next to him. He put his arm around me. I felt so safe and happy. On the way back, I felt this strange feeling. A strong feeling, a feeling that Lin was actually trying to communicate with me. 

"I feel Lin." 

"You what?" 

"I feel her, she is trying to communicate." 

"Concentrate stay with it." he encouraged.

I sat quietly, concentrating on nothing except this wonderful feeling coming to me from her. I really worked hard to understand. It was hard, it was very vague. I understood only one thing she was close.

"Did you get anything."

"She's somewhere close. That's all I know." 

"Thats something, its something we can work with." he smiled.

"Yes, its wonderful. My child is trying to reach me." 

I felt tears racing down my face. Mason kept his arm around me tight. Maybe things were going to be okay. Mason pulled over.

"Whats wrong? Why did you pull over? Are the men back, are they following us?" I gasped.

"No..no everything is okay. I just wanted to make sure you were okay." 

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm just so happy she is trying to communicate with me." 

"I told you, she is a smart girl. We have to have faith in her." 

"Your right, we do. She is a very smart girl with some very unique talents."

"Exactly, I think her trying to communicate proves that." 

"I'm just so happy she is okay."

"Me too.' 

Mason pulled back on to the road and we continued to my house. Once there I unlocked the door. I was still so excited about communicating with Lin. I felt I couldn't be still. I went to the kitchen to make some lemonade to give me something to do.

"Want some lemonade?" 

"Sure." 

After making the lemonade I poured us a glass. We sat down at the table to drink our lemonade. The kitty started playing under the table with a piece of paper. It was so cute, it made me think of Lin. I teared up again, Mason held my hand.

"Its okay." he told me.

"Yes, its okay Mother." 

It was her, it was her voice. I turned to look at her, there she was standing in my kitchen my beautiful daughter Lin.