Chapter 4

After breakfast, I asked Lin if she wanted to go to the park. She looked at me confused.

"What's park?" 

"Its a nice place to relax and talk." I told her.

"I like it." She replied without hesitation.

I put a jacket and hat on her to hide some of her features. She looked like a human on the surface, but a closer look may change someones mind. We drove down to the park, while I drove she looked out her window. We drove past the high school. The students were out on campus, laughing and goofing around.

"What are they doing?" she asked.

"Their just hanging out,  at school/" I told her.

"School? What's school?" she asked.

"School is a place where people learn." 

"I want to learn.' she said excited.

"I really dont know if that would work for you." 

"Please I need learn." she begged.

It was hard to say no, I hated to see her beg. I had no idea how I could pull that off, and keep her safe. She looked so excited and ready to learn. I thought about how I could do it, but realized how absolutely crazy that was. I mean its dangerous, its stupid. I don't even have a birth certificate. She didnt even legally exist. 

"Please." her eyes twinkled, in that very special beautiful freaky way. 

"Lin will talk at home okay." I smiled.

She seemed cool with that and went to the swing. She seemed to understand how to use it, and swung herself really high, she went so high she did a one eighty around the equipment. Then she jumped down. 

"We do not have these. And we dont ride in car. we travel in the air. Your world strange we dont travel on ground." she stated.

"Really I guess were not advanced" 

"This world different but beautiful." she added.

"Maybe you can teach me some things' I said.

"I love world and I love you." she said.

My heart leaped and I felt warm and good all over. She was so sweet, I didn't want her to ever go.

"I love you too." 

"Lets go home and you teach me, I teach you." she smlied.

We made it home, I got out paper and started teaching her the alphabet. Surprsingly, she learned in thirty minutes. I sat back against the couch stunned. In an hour I had her reading, she picked up a novel from my book shelf. She read it in a few minutes  then started to cry.

"Are you okay? I felt worried.

"No."

"Lin, that story is not true, its a story that people make up to entertain each other." 

"I read something not real." she asked.

"Yes, people make up stories for fun to entertain." 

"What is entertain." 

I handed her a Webster Dictionary and she read the whole thing. She had it devoured before lunch, after lunch we talked a lot about trees and plants on my world.  For dinner I made corn on the cob, pork chops, and salad. She walked over to the table and sat down. I turned to get some plates then heard a strange high pitch squeal. 

"What happened? I cried 

"My favorite, thistles. How did you get some?" she squealed again.

She grabbed a corn and started eating. I realized that corn is to her thistles. I felt happy we both shared a food from our worlds together. Somehow it made me feel closer to her. She took a big bite then gave me a ridiculous smile with corn pieces sprinkled all over her mouth. She was adorable and smart. I knew she was going to be full of surprises, and I was going to have the time of my life finding them all out. 

"Now we talked about plants all afternoon, and not once did you mention thistles" I laughed.

"You were talking about your world, and you forgot to mention thistles." she smiled.

"True, your right we didn't get to your world yet, and I totally forgot to mention corn." I giggled.

After dinner, I cleaned up the kitchen and took out the trash. I went to the back yard to dump it in the small dumpster. While walking through the back yard, I spotted a very small air-craft, a freaking UFO in my backyard. That had to be hers, then I thought it better be hers. It was half way covered by my huge oak tree. I became extremely upset. What about my neighbors, Her craft could not stay here, it was far to dangerous. What was I thnking letting her stay and visit me. 

I went into the house to talk with her. After I explained why it couldn't be there, she looked sad. I felt bad I had no idea why she suddenly became so sad. She left to the backyard, later she was back.

"Everything okay." 

"Yes, I covered it." she said.

"Covered?' I questioned.

"Yes, it will not be seen, it has a cover on now." she explained.

"Are you okay,  you look sad." I told her.

"You want me to go."

"No Lin, thats not it at all. I was only concerned about people talking." I reasoned.

"Talking is not bad." she said.

"It depends on whats being said. they may talk about your craft and people may get scared. They may not understand. Also If they find out your an alien, meaning your from another world. They may think you could harm them." I told her.

"I dont want to harm."

"I know that, and you know that, but they dont really know that. I'm serious LIn, If they find out your here with me. They may take you, to examine you, or do experiments on you. Maybe even kill you." 

A look of fear came over her. She looked out the window. Then started making a weird squealing noise. She was very upset. I put my arm around her. Then I brushed her hair back with my hand tryng to soothe her. She jumped.

"Whats wrong?" she cried.

"Nothing what do you mean." 

"Your touching my hair." 

"Yes I'm trying to help you feel better." I told her.

"We do not touch so much. It feels strange but good." she said.

"I'm glad I do a lot of hugging so get used to it." I laughed.

"I feel better now." she told me.

"Good so lets relax now." 

"I'm relaxed." she giggled.

"Okay now what do you want to do, we have all evening. She pointed toward my feet, and within minutes I was floating in the air. I was scared and very wobbly. Suddenly, I felt a strong, solid material against my back to stabilize me. I felt better and the floating was awesome. 

"This feels like magic," I giggled.

"Its energy mix with matter." LIn schooled.

"I love it whatever it is, its awesome." I laughed.

I started dancing in the air, Lin came up and danced with me. 

"Wait put me down." I told her.

She put me down and I turned on some old disco music for fun. She smled and pointed to my feet and we disco danced in the air and laughed . Her laugh was so extraodinary, it was adorable. Like a million little tickles in my ear. She danced mimicking me it was so cute. After all the dancing We got ready for bed, I was worried because I had to go to work. What was I going to do with her. I didnt want to worry about it now, I was enjoying myself to much. I would worry about what to do in the mornng.