Chapter 9

I couldn't believe it Stephanie knew. I lead Stephanie to the couch. Took a big sip of my wine, I knew it was going to be an long and interesting night.

"Stephanie, I'm so sorry you know." I told her.

"Why I'm not?" she told me.

"Its scary Stephanie, I knew how much risk I was taking letting her stay with me. And I know how very stupid I'm being by sending her to school because she wants to go so bad. Believe me I've questioned myself. I wanted her to have some experiences and learn but, I think I have put her in a bad situation. And now maybe because I let her go to school, and you've figured it out. I'm afraid I' ve put you at risk too." 

"I'm Lin's friend. I'm not telling anyone, I'm going to watch out for her at school. I can help Lin with her social skills, so she won't draw to much attention. right LIn?"

"Right." Lin smiled.

"Will you let Stephanie help you at school, with what you can and can't do?" I asked Lin.

"I will let her help me." Lin told me.

"Stephanie this is real important please don't tell anyone. I mean it okay." I pleaded.

"If it makes you feel better my uncle runs a group here in town for people like you. I'm assuming you were abducted?"

"Yes."

"You should join his group, his name is Thomas."

Stephanie started writing all the information down.

"Stephanie stop.. just stop.. I already know your uncle. And I feel better now. I know that you understand and will help keep Lins secret." 

"Oh wow! you know my uncle, so cool. Yes my whole family believes my uncle was abducted. His wife thats a different story." 

"I know so sad. Why don't you go to the meetings?" I asked her.

"I used too but I have been really busy." she said.

"Oh okay." 

"I'm going too for sure now. So did you tell the group yet about Lin?"  Stephanie asked.

"Yes but they asked her a ton of questions, then followed us and acted like they thought she couldn't be trusted it was really upseting." 

"What!!?' Stephanie looked outraged.

"I know.. I guess they were nervous or something." 

"Jeez its late I better call my Mom to come get me." Stephanie grabbed her cell.

"No let us give you a ride home." 

"Okay thanks."

After giving Stephanie a ride, I drove back home. I was not happy with Lin for showing off her energy thing for Stephanie. We got back home. and I looked at Lin.

"Okay Lin, your going to have to be punished for not obeying me?" I told her.

"What do you mean, punish." her eyes looked concerned.

"It means when I tell you to do something, you have to listen, because I'm your Mom you need to obey me. Or you will have consequences and be punished." I said like a true Mom.

"We dont have obey and punishment." she told me.

"Maybe at your Dads world, but not my world." I told her.

"What is my punishment?" she asked.

"Your grounded this week so no visits with Stephanie for a while because you used your energy when I told you not too." I told her.

"You hate me why do you do this to me." Lin cried.

"Because I want you to listen." 

"I won't listen to you,  your not good to me." Stephanie cried.

"Great. maybe this doesn't work for Alien daughers, not real sure it works so good on human ones either. What do I know, Its my first child."

"Good night." she said snippy 

"Good night." I told her.

She looked like she was trying to go to sleep. I decided to kindly tell her I loved her.

"I love you Lin."

She didnt respond. Wow she fell asleep fast, nope she just rolled over and made a frusterated sound. I guess that means she's mad at me. I hoped she would get over it. She has to learn not to use that energy. It was late I got to bed I was exhausted.